TASK 3: The school is going to cancel the ticket discount to students.

Speaking topics in text

ANNOUNCEMENT BY UNIVERSITY: The policy of ticket discount for students at theater center will be eliminated. From now on, students need to pay the full price of tickets in order to attend concerts. We are doing this because we can increase our profits and this is necessary to maintain the operation of the theater center.
CONVERSATION:
The female student opposes the announcement. She says only a few students will go to theater center normally. The income of the theater center mainly rely on local residents. Since these people are already paying the regular price, requiring students to pay the same price as local residents will not have a prominent effect of increasing income. Even some students thinks that the discount tickets are a bit of expensive too. Moreover, this new policy is really unfair for the students in art department. One of her friend, who major in art, is required to attend a lot of activities held by theater center, so she would normally buy more tickets than other students. They may not be able to afford the tickets. If there was not discount, no students would be willing to attend the concerts.

Speaking recording
Speaking category