Summarize the pint in the lecture and explain how they opposes to the specific point made by the reading. brainstorming process

The article states that brainstorming groups are less effective creating ideas than solo brainstorming and provides three reasons of support. However, the professor explains the effectiveness of brainstorming groups and refutes each of the author's points.

First, the reading claims that brainstorming groups are less productive than solo brainstorming, yet individuals tend to produce more ideas, twice, than individuals. The professor refutes this point by saying that the quality of ideas is more important than the quantity when people brainstorming. He states than groups have more value and imaginative ideas than the ideas generated by one person. Thus, when brainstorming, fewer creative ideas are more valuable than numerous ideas.

Second, the article posits that brainstorming by groups are less creative than solo brainstorming. He mentions that ideas in group lose originality because other individuals in the process copy previous ideas, so they are identical ideas or improvement of other ones. However, the professor says that groups evaluate ideas in a better way than individuals. According to the professor, group ideas are judged and evaluated more effectively and therefore that is the strength of brainstorming groups over solo brainstorming.

Third, the reading says that groups lack of diversity, so they lead to conformity and group-think. He states that groups of people end with worse ideas than individuals generating ideas alone. The professor opposes to this point by explaining that groups have creative and diverse ideas. We also learn that groups have a variety of knowledge and perspective, which lead innovative improvement. This would not be possible in solo brainstorming.

He states than groups have more value
He states that groups have more value

Sentence: The professor refutes this point by saying that the quality of ideas is more important than the quantity when people brainstorming.
Suggestion: Refer to people and brainstorming