TPO 1 (integrated)

TPO 1 (integrated)

The article states that if companies trying to shortened workweek hours, this would increase their profits and provides three reasons of support. However, the professor explains that this shortening would not bring an economic conditions for the companies and refutes each of the author's reason.

First, the reading claims that in this case company can gain profits because people would feel more rested and they would make fewer costly errors in their jobs. The professor opposes this point by explaining that in this case the company will force the employees to work harder during four days, according to the professor this will make the working time terrible for the four-day employees.

Second, the article posits that, as a consequence we would have fewer overworked and error-prone employees. However, the professor contradicts this point by saying that it would force the companies to spend more money because they need to add some training course also some additional facilities for instance some computers for the new hiring employees.

Third, the reading suggests it would reduce the unemployment rates. On the other hand, the professor is against it by saying that, because this case is not beneficial for companies, many companies tried to hire five-day employees especially for management positions and so it is very probable that four-day employees will soon lose their own jobs either.

if companies trying to shortened workweek hours,
if companies are trying to shorten the work week hours,

would not bring an economic conditions
would not bring an economic condition

four-day employees will soon lose their own jobs either.
four-day employees will soon lose their own jobs too.