TPO 13 - Question 5

Speaking topics in text

TPO 13 - Question 5

Speaking category

A sample Answer to this speaking in text:

The man’s problem is that he needs to drive everyone to the museum but the van he was going to used broke down. There are two possible solutions, the first is to rent a van, the second is to postpone the trip until the van gets repaired. I think the second solution is better. First of all, in doing so, he won’t take the risk of having to pay for most of the bill, he mentioned that only four group members have gotten back to him and agreed to contribute to the cost. Second, going to the museum is not a seasonal thing, the displays are all the same no matter when they go, so I think it’s not a big deal if they waited for a few days.

1. Hey , Mark, how is it going?
2. Hm…not so good.
3. What's wrong?
4. Well, you know I am the president of the anthropology club.
5. Well, I am supposed to drive everyone in the club to see a special exhibit at the museum tomorrow.
6. My mom said I could borrow her van, you know, so everyone would fit.
7. But unfortunately, it broke down and it is not gonna be repaired in time for the trip.
8. Oh.
9. So what are you going to do?
10. Can you rent a van?
11. Yeah, that's a possibility.
12. It's a little risky for me thought.
13. I've tried to get in touch with the club members, but only four have gotten back to me and said they'd contribute some money to the cost.
14. What about the other member?
15. I don't know.
16. It'd probably be ok with them too, but that's the risk.
17. I don't know for sure.
18. I don't want to get stuck with having to pay for the most of the bill.
19. Well, since not everyone has gotten back to you, why don't you just postpone the trip, you know, until your mom's van is repaired?
20. Yeah, I could do that, though I am sure everyone could be real disappointed if they show up tomorrow ready to go and find out that we are not going.