In an attempt to improve highway safety, Prunty County last year lowered its speed limit from 55 to 45 miles per hour on all county highways. But this effort has failed: the number of accidents has not decreased, and, based on reports by the highway patro

In an attempt to improve highway safety, Prunty County last year lowered its speed limit from 55 to 45 miles per hour on all county highways. But this effort has failed: the number of accidents has not decreased, and, based on reports by the highway patrol, many drivers are exceeding the speed limit. Prunty County should instead undertake the same kind of road improvement project that Butler County completed five years ago: increasing lane widths, resurfacing rough highways, and improving visibility at dangerous intersections. Today, major Butler County roads still have a 55 mph speed limit, yet there were 25 percent fewer reported accidents in Butler County this past year than there were five years ago.

Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

With the information provided,the assumptions leading to the conclusion remains unfounded.The author uses the evidence that increasing lane widths, resurfacing rough highways and improving visibility at dangerous intersectionsresults in less accidents in Butler county.So,in the same way implementing this kind of road improvement project in Prunty county can reduce the number of accidents.However ,The author makes a number of unproved assumptions that hampers reader's ability to believe author's conclusion.If the author was to provide more evidence to support his assumptions,the argument would be much more effective.

The primary assumption underlying author's conclusion is that number of accidents in Prunty county can be reduce by implementing same project that butler county implemented five years ago.But the author has not discussed anything about the problem faced by Butler County five years ago,whether it is the same reason causing many accidents in Prunty county or Butler county had some different reason for accidents.So,To reinforce the argument the author should have discussed about the reason behind the many accidents faced by Butler county five years ago.

Moreover,the author further assumes that increasing lane widths, resurfacing rough highways, and improving visibility at dangerous intersections are the only option to reduce number of accidents in Prunty county.But it is possible that main reason behind more accidents in Prunty county is indifference of drivers .As the author mentioned in the first line of argument that drivers are exceeding speed limit .They are not cautious about traffic rules and it can not be rectify by incresing lane width,resurfacing rough highways etc.Instead of this Prunty county should have implemented strict traffic rules and heavy fine should be imposed on the drivers violating these rules.

The author further assumes that like butler county ,increasing lane widths, resurfacing rough highways, and improving visibility at dangerous intersections will solve problem of more accidents in Prunty county.But these things depends upon the geological and economical factors for example hilly areas requires more superelevation of road and curve radius,more economical developed areas requires wider lane width to accomdate more traffic volume.It is possible that the Butler county is a developed area and require wider lane width but this might not be applicable to Prunty county and increasing lane width will not affect the number of accidents.So,To reinforce the argument the author should have discussed about the geological and economical situtaion of the both places.

To Sum up,the author fails to substantiate his claim that number of accidents in Prunty county can be reduce by implementing same project that butler county implemented five years ago.He should have discussed about reason behind the many accidents in the both places,traffic rules in prunty county,geological and economical condition of the both county to substantiate his claim.

Sentence: area and require wider lane width but this might not be applicable to Prunty county and increasing lane width will not affect the number of accidents.So,To reinforce the argument the author should have discussed about the geological and economical situtaion of the both places.
Error: situtaion Suggestion: situation