College students should base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to

College students should base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

Why do we attend a college? Why do we spend our money on acquiring qualification? The answer is simple, we pursue degree in order to find a job. From this viewpoint, it is reasonable to make your choice of a field of study base it on availability of work in the field. At the same time, this position has some drawbacks. First of all, it is impossible with certainty to predict how the market of work force will develop, secondly, availability of work is not only criteria to which student must pay attention in order to succeed.

The majority of us go to college to acquire a qualification. We invest our money and time because we hope that our investments will give us a decent return - a good job. The importance of work for modern society is unquestionable and therefore, college students should try to predict availability of jobs in a chosen field. In fact, no one wants to spend years and tens of thousands of dollars on education and will not be able to find a job and use his or her education. For this reason, the availability of work places after graduation has become the major factor for many students.

However, this tactic has some limitations as well. First of all, it is literally impossible with certainty to predict demand for a concrete profession even in the nearest future. In 1960s chemistry was considered as a field which will create our future. This prediction has never become the reality and students which based their decisions on this forecast faced difficulties with finding jobs. Moreover, we cannot definitely predict which profession will be needed as well. For instance, how many of us believe in 1980s that computer science became an attractive field with a plethora of distinct jobs. In other words, we cannot definitely predict the demand for jobs.

Additionally to it, the inclinations of students to base their decision about a field of future employment solely on supposed availability of jobs in the future, may lead to psychologic problems and unsuccessful career due to the fact that they tend to neglect their interests and possibilities. For instance, a person who do not like other people and has problems with communication may choose to study consultative psychology because he believes that he will find a decent job after education is over. But as a result of this hasty decision we may have a bad psychologist who hates his job and deeply dissatisfied with it.

In conclusion, an availability of jobs is an important factor to draw a decision about future profession, but unfortunately, predictions do not always become truth and student should not base his decision solely of this criteria.

availability of work is not only criteria
availability of work is not the only criteria

and students which based their decisions on this forecast faced difficulties
and students who are based their decisions on this forecast faced difficulties

For instance, a person who do not like
For instance, a person who does not like

Sentence: In conclusion, an availability of jobs is an important factor to draw a decision about future profession, but unfortunately, predictions do not always become truth and student should not base his decision solely of this criteria.
Description: A determiner/pronoun, singular is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to this and criteria

Sentence: Additionally to it, the inclinations of students to base their decision about a field of future employment solely on supposed availability of jobs in the future, may lead to psychologic problems and unsuccessful career due to the fact that they tend to neglect their interests and possibilities.
Error: psychologic Suggestion: No alternate word

----------------------------