Fifteen years ago, Omega University implemented a new procedure that encouraged students to evaluate the teaching effectiveness of all their professors. Since that time, Omega professors have begun to assign higher grades in their classes, and overall stu

Fifteen years ago, Omega University implemented a new procedure that encouraged students to evaluate the teaching effectiveness of all their professors. Since that time, Omega professors have begun to assign higher grades in their classes, and overall student grade averages at Omega have risen by 30 percent. Potential employers, looking at this dramatic rise in grades, believe that grades at Omega are inflated and do not accurately reflect student achievement; as a result, Omega graduates have not been as successful at getting jobs as have graduates from nearby Alpha University. To enable its graduates to secure better jobs, Omega University should terminate student evaluation of professors.

The conclusion drawn by the writer is weak and lacks substantial proofs. He has stated that Omega University should suspend the new procedure of student evaluation of professors so as to secure better job opportunities for the graduates. This conclusion is supported by many weak assumptions rather than strong evidences which are ambiguous by nature. He has blamed this new procedure for increase in average grades of the students which, according to him, does not reflect the student’s achievement. Close scrutiny of the evidences reveal that it lends a little credible support and further should be analysed in depth for reaching an unbiased conclusion.

The author has stated that Omega University has implemented a new system that enabled students to evaluate their teachers and since then the teachers have begun to assign good grades to the students and the overall average student grade has increased by 30 percent. But, the author had failed to give enough details to support his stance. Here he indirectly blames the teachers for giving higher grades to their students so as to get good feedback from them and that these grades do not reflect the actual potential of the students. This need not be true. The teachers might have improved their way of teaching and this might have led to the students understanding the concepts better and reproduce them well in their exams. Teachers have taken up this profession to impart knowledge to their students and no teacher will give more marks just for the sake of getting good feedback.

This supposedly biased grades has resulted in less employment opportunities for the Omega University graduate students as the potential employers feel that these grades do not reflect the true potential of the students. On the other hand Alpha University students have been successful in getting jobs. But, even the latter university might have this faculty effectiveness evaluation system as these kind of procedures are becoming highly common among universities so as to provide better learning experience to students. The author did not mention any details regarding this university and thus he cannot compare it with Omega University. Also, there are other possible scenarios such as recession that has led to less job opportunities thereby making it difficult for the graduates to get a job.

Thus, the author cannot conclude that Omega University should terminate the procedure of student evaluating teacher's effectiveness without strengthening his stance with appropriate evidences.

----------------
Need one more argument against the conclusion:
'To enable its graduates to secure better jobs, Omega University should terminate student evaluation of professors.'