The following appeared in an article in a travel magazine:"After the airline industry began requiring airlines to report their on-time rates, Speedee Airlines achieved the number one on-time rate, with over 89 percent of its flights arriving on time each

The following appeared in an article in a travel magazine:
"After the airline industry began requiring airlines to report their on-time rates, Speedee Airlines achieved the number one on-time rate, with over 89 percent of its flights arriving on time each month. And now Speedee is offering more flights to more destinations than ever before. Clearly, Speedee is the best choice for today's business traveler."

The author of the argument has failed to convince us that Speedee Airlines is the best choice for today's business traveler. The argument, as it stands, is based on questionable assumptions and a faulty line of reasoning, a fact which renders it over simplistic and unconvincing.

First of all, even if we take for granted the validity of the data provided, the author assumes that the figure of 89 percent of flights arriving on time each month is a convincing one. Yet, a percentage figure could be misleading. We need to know the total number of flights operated by Speedee Airlines and therefor...

----------------