The following appeared in a letter from a homeowner to a friend. Of the two leading real estate firms in our town—Adams Realty and Fitch Realty—Adams Realty is clearly superior. Adams has 40 real estate agents; in contrast, Fitch has 25, many of whom

In order to validate the arguments of the homeowner and rely on his/her explanations to his friend to sell a home using Adam’s reality which has introduced in this passage, there should be scrutinizing survey on the passage. Woefully, the arguments of the homeowner have conflicted with various defects and are based on weak assumptions that will cause not to confidently decide to sell a home based on the author’s reasons. The reason that Adams realty’s number of agents is more than Fitch is not cogent because there are different probabilities that can cause Adam’s realty hire more agents.

Maybe agents who are working in Fitch realty are more effective and they can do the same volume of the job as Adam’s realty, so there is no need for the Fitch realty to hire more employees. Maybe, Fitch realty is using modern technologies to sell houses and doesn’t need to work in traditional forms but Adams realty isn’t familiar with modern technologies of selling houses. Using the internet and introducing a website to people is the best way that recently has promulgated between realties and maybe people are dealing with Fitch realty by this way. Therefore, employees don’t have to come to the office and they can sell houses just by a click on a monitor of the computer which is connected to the internet.

The author has argued that because of the higher revenue of the Adams realty, their job is more reliable than Fitch realty which is a weak reason. Many assumptions are dealing with this argument which can decrease its value as follow; firstly, maybe the revenue of Fitch group has decreased last year but there is a possibility that in previous years they could gain the higher amount of money, so because the argument of the author is time-limited it is not valuable. Secondly, the author hasn’t mentioned to the costs that Fitch and Adams' realty have had in last year; therefore, by counting costs of each of the realties it is probable that the profit of Adam realty cannot dominate Fitch’s profit. As a result, the author comparison of revenues cannot be a measure to account Adams realty better than Fitch realty.

The last argument of the author about selling the home in the short period of time just by using Adams realty is vague and has filled with various assumptions which can debilitate its validity. The author assumption of the speed of selling homes using Adams realty is that last year they could sell one of his houses in a month, but Fitch realty wasn’t able to do so in ten years ago. The author has to consider that situation of Fitch realty can have changed in ten years and maybe they can sell houses in shorter than a month. Due to the fact that the writer hasn’t made a comparison between the speeds of work of two realties in the same time-period, his argument is not persuasive. Even by assuming that Fitch realty is not as speedy as Adams realty there is a possibility that Fitch realty can sell houses more expensive in comparison with Adams realty by surveying affluent purchasers which can cause them to complete their jobs in longer periods of time.

As a conclusion, the homeowner arguments for advising his/her friend to sell a home using Adams realty is based on weak reaons which aren’t persuasive due to the reasons that have introduced throughout of this passage.

----------------

----------------