The following appears in a letter to the editor for the West Lansburg News: "The tufted groundhog lives in the coastal wetlands of West Lansburg. Ancient records suggest that the tufted groundhog once numbered in the millions. Since they were declared a w

The following appears in a letter to the editor for the West Lansburg News:

"The tufted groundhog lives in the coastal wetlands of West Lansburg. Ancient records suggest that the tufted groundhog once numbered in the millions. Since they were declared a wildlife sanctuary in 2004, development along the coastal wetlands has been prohibited. Now local development interests are lobbying for the West Lansburg council to allow an access road to be built along the edge of wetlands. Neighboring Eastern Carpenteria, which had a similar sanctuary, has seen its sea otter population decline since the repeal of its sanctuary status in 1978. In order to preserve the region's biodiversity and ensure a healthy environment, the West Lansburg council should not allow the road to be built."

The burning issue of almost every nation is the declination of wildlife.Directly and indirectly mankind is responsible for the degradation. So, its the man's duty to preserve at least the remaining wild population. In this concrete jungle,there is no much place for "jungle". Thus,to preserve rustic and wild environment to animals, is so cardinal.But the essay has some tenuous points which are to strengthened.

Firstly,it is given that similar sanctuary has decline in its population.It is not so convincing because the wildlife in wetlands has nothing to do with that decline. There are many factors like weather, temperature, in habitation, etc., which define the number. These are different for different animals. So,that point weakens the argument. Instead of that any evidence to show the decline in number of tufted groundhog due to man's activites in wetlands will be convincing.

Secondly,the statistical figure representing groundhogs is not presented.That data will be useful to build strength in the argument. If the number is less due to reasons like migration etc., then there is no point to argue.

Thirdly,any additional information on the declaration of wildlife sanctuary is given. It is not further described about its construction or anything. If that declaration is disavowed or so, then there is no point to argue.So that point need to elaborated.

Therefore, by providing more information on problems in wetland due to mankind, statistical number of wild population and wild sanctuary to be built, the argument will become even more cogent.

Sentence: Instead of that any evidence to show the decline in number of tufted groundhog due to man's activites in wetlands will be convincing.
Error: activites Suggestion: activities

argument 2 -- not OK

argument 3 -- not OK

--------------------
read a sample:
http://www.testbig.com/gmatgre-essays/following-appears-letter-editor-w…