The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a listener-supported public radio station."For the past year, as part of an effort to broaden our supporter base, our Folk on the Air program has allocated less time to traditional American folk m

The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a listener-supported public radio station.

"For the past year, as part of an effort to broaden our supporter base, our Folk on the Air program has allocated less time to traditional American folk music and more time to Latino music and world music. In recent months, many long-term supporters of our station have written to complain about what they describe as the un-American bias of the program. In addition, the local newspaper has published a recent editorial critical to our shift in programming. Therefore, in order to forestall any further adverse publicity for the station and to avoid the loss of additional listener-supporters, we should discontinue our current emphasis on Latino and world music and restore the time devoted to traditional American folk music to its former level."

Respond by writing an essay in which you discuss the specific evidence you would need to judge the validity of the argument and explain how this evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

The Above mentioned memorandum from the business manger of a listener-support public radio station Claims that for past year, they have made changes to the dividing of their time in their folk on air program. They have made changes by allocating less time to traditional American folk and more time to Latin music and world music. Due to this in recent month they have received written complaints from their long-term supporters. They complained that the program is un-American biased program. In addition to this a local newspaper has published a critical editorial to their shifting of the programming times. Therefore, the manager believes that in order to forestall the overly publicity of the station and to protect their station listeners from reducing our lacking interest in station it should discontinue the present scenario and get back to normal timings.

The argument has many weak threads like, the author of the statement states that time has been reduced for American folk program but he does not mention that exactly what changes were made in the program timing. Was it fine or it was of large discrepancy that it provoked even the long-time station supporters to complain about the timing. Secondly the Author did not mention that for what reasons the timings were changed. If he would have mentioned the argument about the lessening of time would have been more clear.

Thirdly, the author should have mentioned the type of population listening to the station. Is the supporters of American folk music more or the supporters of Latin music and world. The author should have mention prior survey reports to strengthen his argument. Fourthly, He did not mention that how many complains did he receiver. Was it enough for asserting that the people are not happy with the change in timing? Or was it about something else may be people have not liked some content of the program. They mention it un-American biased programming. It could be written because of many other reason else than timing issue.

Fifthly the author has stated that a news paper editorial has criticized them for programming times. He did not mention that was it only on one newspaper on any more. This could make us introspective and compel us to think that may be the newspaper editorial was written by a supporter of American Folk music. This should be brought into concern.

If few more unvitiated logical justifications would have brought up by the author the argument could have been strong. But there were lot many flaws in the unclear assertion of this argument. In last the author has that in order to impede the lessening of their supporter they are planning to track back to the same timings.

Sentence: The author should have mention prior survey reports to strengthen his argument.
Description: A noun, singular, common is not usually followed by an adjective
Suggestion: Refer to mention and prior

Sentence: Fourthly, He did not mention that how many complains did he receiver.
Description: A pronoun, personal, nominative, 3rd person singular is not usually followed by a noun, singular, common
Suggestion: Refer to he and receiver