Skip to main content
User account menu
4 years 11 months
The text was uploaded as a picture I am sorry for that
Read and think about the following statement:The college years are the best time in a person's life.Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons to support your opinion.
Read and think about the following statement pets should be treated like family members Do you agree or disagree with this statement Give reasons to support your opinion
Do computers think It isn t a new question In fact Alan Turing a British mathematician proposed an experiment to answer the question in 1950 and the test known as the Turing test is still used today In the experiment a group of people are asked to interac
Historically, schools in the US have borrowed the European system of school organization, a system that separates students into grades by chronological age. In general, children begin formal schooling at the age of six in what is referred to as the first
Leaders like John F. Kennedy and Martin Luther King have made important contributions to the people of the United States. Name another world leader you think is important. Give specific reasons for your choice.
Films can tell us a lot about the country in which they were made What have you learned about a country from watching its movies Use specific examples and details to support your response
Some students prefer to study alone. Others prefer to study with a group ofstudents. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to supportyour answer.
You have enough money to purchase either a house or a business Which would you choose to buy Give specific reasons to explain your choice
Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved theway people live? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
10. Do you prefer to learn through hands-on experiences or through reading andexamining others’ experiences? Why?
9. Most schools support extra-curricular activities, such as clubs and sports teams.Some schools pay for these activities, some require that students pay, and someuse a mix of school funds and student payments. Which do you think is preferable,and why?
5. In most parts of the United States, the driving age is 16 years, but in some ruralareas, it is 14 years. Give your opinion of this situation.
3. Which do you like better, sciences and humanities, and why?
6. Some universities hold classes Monday through Thursday, while others holdthem from Monday through Friday. Which do you prefer, and why?
7. Some schools have shorter academic quarters – around 8 weeks – while othersare longer – 10 to 20 weeks. Which would you prefer, and why?
8. Some students save their textbooks. Others sell them back to the school’sbookstore. Which would you do?
4. Do you prefer to take handwritten notes during a lecture or to type your notesdirectly into a laptop computer? Why?
2. Are college athletics a valuable part of a school’s offerings or not? Why?
1. If you planned to become an elementary school teacher, would you take anelective course on child psychology or on physical education?