The following is part of a memorandum from the president of Humana University."Last year the number of students who enrolled in online degree programs offered by nearby Omni University increased by 50 percent. During the same year, Omni showed a significa

The following is part of a memorandum from the president of Humana University.

"Last year the number of students who enrolled in online degree programs offered by nearby Omni University increased by 50 percent. During the same year, Omni showed a significant decrease from prior years in expenditures for dormitory and classroom space, most likely because online instruction takes place via the Internet. In contrast, over the past three years, enrollment at Humana University has failed to grow and the cost of maintaining buildings has increased. Thus, to increase enrollment and solve the problem of budget deficits at Humana University, we should initiate and actively promote online degree programs like those at Omni."

Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

The above argument has been presented by the president of Humana University in which he made a contrast study of Omni and Humana Universities admission ratio. Omni University initiated a new venture of online degree programs that not only increased their enrollment but also helps them to minimize the administrative expenditures incurred during usual session. This leads to a decline in the admission rate of Humana university that somehow affected their financial aspect too. Hence, the president of Humana University recommended the introduction of online study program .

Undoubtedly, online education has changed the course of education system throughout the world and keeping a pace with the evolutionary world is need of our institutes, yet such steps must be taken after thorough assessment of available resources and considering- men, money and material that forms the foundation of any administration. Here this recommendation fails to prove apt on certain grounds as nothing has been mentioned about the provision of courses provided by both universities. Without having a comparative analysis, it is a blunder to start new course pattern that can even hinder in the functioning of existing study system. Also, the fall in expenses of Omni University of just one year in administrative block doesn't depict that they are not using their budget in any other sector. Lastly, the diminishing fall in admission ratio is not only due to lack of facility of online courses only, there can be other factors too.

Foremostly, the author has not described that which online courses have been started by Omni university, whether these are related to humanities, commerce or science streams. What if Humana University is specialized in imparting technical knowledge using efficient laboratories and online program will completely abstain students from having benefit of their useful methodology. Omni University might have begun the programs related to literature, sociology etc that doesn't need any practical knowledge. In the absence of these factors author's decision seems illogical.

Furthermore, Omni University experienced a fall in expenses of in-campus expenditures but author didn't mention about the expenses incurred over new website programming, amalgamation of any bank along with for fee depositing work etc. The new program needs huge investment in terms of money and labor and no consideration has been given on this aspect.

Last but not the least, the president linked decline in enrollment with lack of online courses only. He had completely ignored to study the actual reasons behind it like lack of good instructors, availability of study counselors and placement committees etc. In-spite of focusing on new program they should first analyze the working of existing ones and improve their efficiency.

To sum up, no doubt online education is need of hour but Humana University should recheck their ongoing programs and try to mend them according to appearing needs of students. Just in allurement of good funds, any new introduction of online program can completely mar the functioning of institute. The author has not shed sufficient light on all the aspects and presented a translucent picture. Had other aspects been considered the recommendation could have been more worthy and consistent

1. there are some duplicated arguments.

2. This is for issue essays which could be removed:

Undoubtedly, online education has changed the course of education system throughout the world and keeping a pace with the evolutionary world is need of our institutes, yet such steps must be taken after thorough assessment of available resources and considering- men, money and material that forms the foundation of any administration.
--------------------------------------------

Need to analyze the structure of the statement and argue accordingly:

condition 1:
During the same year, Omni showed a significant decrease from prior years in expenditures for dormitory and classroom space, most likely because online instruction takes place via the Internet.

condition 2:
In contrast, over the past three years, enrollment at Humana University has failed to grow and the cost of maintaining buildings has increased.

conclusion:
Thus, to increase enrollment and solve the problem of budget deficits at Humana University, we should initiate and actively promote online degree programs like those at Omni.

then here goes the argument:

argument 1:
Maybe Omni has decreased enrollments on courses which are not online.

argument 2:
Maybe because the school doesn't have quality teachers; some buildings are on maintenance; etc

argument 3:
1. there are other alternatives to increase enrollment and solve the problem of budget deficits
2. it works at A, doesn't mean it will work at B
----------------------------