An international development organization, in response to a vitamin A deficiency among people in the impoverished nation of Tagus, has engineered a new breed of millet high in vitamin A. While seeds for this new type of millet cost more, farmers will be p

An international development organization, in response to a vitamin A deficiency among people in the impoverished nation of Tagus, has engineered a new breed of millet high in vitamin A. While seeds for this new type of millet cost more, farmers will be paid subsidies for farming the new variety of millet. Since millet is already a staple food in Tagus, people will readily adopt the new variety. To combat vitamin A deficiency, the government of Tagus should do everything it can to promote this new type of millet.

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered to decide whether the recommendation is likely to have the predicted result. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

Combat is a heavy word.To combat means to up your defences against a possible attack or ongoing attack.Here the attack is from Vitamin A and other vitamins possibly which we do not know. So to prepare for combat while keeping in mind only one vitamin type is a lesser chosen path.

For the new variety to be readily accepted it has to have the same characteristics due to which it became staple at the first place.The taste, the usage the flavour everything matters or people would just stop consuming it.Not only this the growing conditions would have to be same as the previous one.The sowing period, the bowing duration.

Everybody knows natural is always better that artificial.The new breed of millets which have just been developed.Have they been tested extensively? Do they have any other side effects. Not only on the person consuming it but also on the soil where it is grown.Is it good enough as a long term solution for the mortals consuming it and the soil where it is grown.

As the new seeds cost nine times the previous ones the government will have to shell out a heavy amount every month.Is it sustainable ?

Even if it is there will be a small amount of population which will not consume it.So what about that small percentage of population.Can the government just ignore them ?

If all of these are taken into considerations and due to government's pro activeness it does become a widely consumed one.It will do wonders.Majority of the population of the nation will have a proper diet and all the ill effects of the vitamin A deficiency will be gone.People will be more healthy and the government will be spending less on importing medicines for vitamin A deficiency problem.

So to decide whether the seed will be a success or a failure depends on how the government can sustain it for a long term.It also depends on the effort the government puts into convincing the farmer to use these seeds instead of the previous ones.As majority of the farmers are uneducated it can be a daunting task to explain it to the farmers its efficiency.

This is not an issue essay. This is an argument essay. You developed the essay in a wrong way.

read a sample:
http://www.testbig.com/gmatgre-argument-task-essays/international-devel…
-----------------------------
Always put a space after punctuation marks. Essay e-rater is sensitive.
--------------------------------