An international development organization, in response to a vitamin A deficiency among people in the impoverished nation of Tagus, has engineered a new breed of millet high in vitamin A. While seeds for this new type of millet cost more, farmers will be p

The argument claims that the government should promote a new kind of millet which contains more vitamin A to deal with vitamin A deficiency among poor people of Tagus. However, the argument includes significant logical holes making the suggestion implausible. Thus, the prediction that impoverished people would no longer suffer from vitamin A deficiency needs some corrections.

First of all, the organization is falsely assuming impoverished people would actually have a chance to consume enough amount of the new kind of millet. Often, poor families suffer from nutrition deficiency due to their inability to provide for food. If this is the case, vitamin A deficiency would not be conquered even with vitamin A reinforced millet because those people would not get a chance to enjoy the millet. Unless the government finds a way to guarantee the impoverished an enough amount of millet, the new breed of millet is not expected to help the poor people.

Moreover, the argument does not mention how similar the new breed of millet is to the original one. In deciding which food to eat, the taste plays an important role. If the taste is different, people would stick to the old one because they are used to it. The arguer's prediction would valid only if the taste, quality, and even color of the millet are very similar to those of the original type. Thus, the arguer is required to prove that the new millet is not significantly different from the old one.

Vitamins are very sensitive that sometimes they are destroyed with a little bit of heat. That is why doctors often recommend eating vegetables uncooked. In the argument, it is assumed that the vitamin A in the newly developed millet would be preserved after cooking it into a staple food in Tagus. Even if the millet is ripe with vitamin A, it is no use if it is all obliterated before consumption. Therefore, the international development organization should figure out a way to pique the millet without harming the nutrition contained.

Developing a new type of millet is a laudable effort of the government to extinguish the vitamin A deficiency among the impoverished population. However, the arguer's prediction is very unlikely to realize because his current argument contains some serious errors.

--------------------
argument 1 -- not OK

argument 3 -- not OK
--------------------