1.“Governments should focus on solving the immediate problems of today rather than on trying to solve the anticipated problems of the future.” Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and expl

1. “Governments should focus on solving the immediate problems of today rather than on trying to solve the anticipated problems of the future.” Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.

“Make hay while the sun shines, ‘coz tomorrow is another day” goes a popular ditty! The people of a country expect that their government solves “all” their problems! Though it may be necessary to sometimes look into the future, happiness and well-being of the citizens usually lies in the government solving their immediate problems.

One such example is where a government goes about increasing taxes on an essential commodities and services, anticipating a lull in the future. The prices of cooking gas and automobile fuel have increased by nearly 200% over the last decade, and it is c...

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/gmatgre