Argument essay

Argument essay

“The falling revenues that the company is experiencing coincide with delays in
manufacturing. These delays, in turn, are due in large part to poor planning in
purchasing metals. Consider further that the manager of the department that
handles purchasing of raw materials has an excellent background in general
business, psychology, and sociology, but knows little about the properties of metals. The company should, therefore, move the purchasing manager to the sales
department and bring in a scientist from the research division to be manager of the
purchasing department.”
<!--break-->
The success of the company depends on the well skilled manager. All the aspects of handling the business like planning, maintenance, purchase, sells should be well understood by the manager. Here author is saying about replacing the purchase manager by any scientist of research division to correct the problem of delay in manufacturing and poor planning in purchasing.

Author is saying that the manager has excellent knowledge about business. Psychology and sociology and saying to replace the manager. Here manager as general back ground about the business. And Psychological mind may help one to decide the future decision. So this reason is not sufficient to changing the manager. If he has good business experience then he can do his job of managing no necessity for knowing about the property of the metal. As knowledge about the property of the metal doesn’t relates directly with the delay in manufacturing. Because this knowledge required to be with the person handing department of the development from metal.

Delay in development may happen due to any other problem like not sincerity of the employees, scarcity of the raw material, less employees etc. So it might need attention toward these aspect rather changing the manager.

Secondly author is saying to bring the scientist from the research division to be manager of the purchasing department. Scientist from any department will have knowledge about the field in which he has done research without concerning about the purchasing department of the business. He can not make any decision in business for sell, purchase, marketing etc. Business is completely out of his field.

As the points given by the author are not appropriate to change the purchasing manager and replacing it by the scientist. It require to think in direction of development cycle or reasons behind delay and planning. Replacing the manager with scientist does not seem the correct idea to move out this problems.

Sentence: The falling revenues that the company is experiencing coincide with delays in manufacturing.
Description: A verb, present participle or gerund is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to experiencing and coincide
Sentence: These delays, in turn, are due in large part to poor planning in purchasing metals.
Description: The fragment in turn , is not usually followed by are
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace are with is
Sentence: Consider further that the manager of the department that handles purchasing of raw materials has an excellent background in general business, psychology, and sociology, but knows little about the properties of metals.
Description: The fragment Consider further is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace Consider with verb, past participle
Sentence: The company should, therefore, move the purchasing manager to the sales department and bring in a scientist from the research division to be manager of the purchasing department.
Suggestion: Refer to sales and department
Sentence: The success of the company depends on the well skilled manager.
No grammatical errors
Sentence: All the aspects of handling the business like planning, maintenance, purchase, sells should be well understood by the manager.
No grammatical errors
Sentence: Here author is saying about replacing the purchase manager by any scientist of research division to correct the problem of delay in manufacturing and poor planning in purchasing.
Description: The fragment Here author is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace Here with adjective
Sentence: Author is saying that the manager has excellent knowledge about business.
No grammatical errors
Sentence: Psychology and sociology and saying to replace the manager.
No grammatical errors
Sentence: Here manager as general back ground about the business.
Description: The fragment Here manager is rare
Sentence: And Psychological mind may help one to decide the future decision.
No grammatical errors
Sentence: So this reason is not sufficient to changing the manager.
No grammatical errors
Sentence: If he has good business experience then he can do his job of managing no necessity for knowing about the property of the metal.
No grammatical errors
Sentence: As knowledge about the property of the metal doesn't relates directly with the delay in manufacturing.
No grammatical errors
Sentence: Because this knowledge required to be with the person handing department of the development from metal.
No grammatical errors
Sentence: Delay in development may happen due to any other problem like not sincerity of the employees, scarcity of the raw material, less employees etc. So it might need attention toward these aspect rather changing the manager.
No grammatical errors
Sentence: Secondly author is saying to bring the scientist from the research division to be manager of the purchasing department.
Description: The fragment Secondly author is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace Secondly with adjective
Sentence: Scientist from any department will have knowledge about the field in which he has done research without concerning about the purchasing department of the business.
No grammatical errors
Sentence: He can not make any decision in business for sell, purchase, marketing etc. Business is completely out of his field.
Description: The word sell is not usually used as a noun, singular, common
Suggestion: Refer to sell , did you mean cell
Description: The fragment marketing etc. Business is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace etc. with adjective
Sentence: As the points given by the author are not appropriate to change the purchasing manager and replacing it by the scientist.
Description: The fragment not appropriate to is not usually preceded by are
Sentence: It require to think in direction of development cycle or reasons behind delay and planning.
Description: The fragment It require to is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace require with verb, past tense
Sentence: Replacing the manager with scientist does not seem the correct idea to move out this problems.
Description: A determiner/pronoun, singular is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to this and problems

No spelling errors
No spelling errors
No spelling errors
No spelling errors
No spelling errors
No spelling errors
No spelling errors
No spelling errors
No spelling errors
No spelling errors
Error: may Suggestion: No alternate word
No spelling errors
No spelling errors
Error: doesn Suggestion: does
No spelling errors
Error: etc. Suggestion: etch
No spelling errors
No spelling errors
Error: etc. Suggestion: etch
No spelling errors
No spelling errors
No spelling errors

Error: etc. Suggestion: etch

etc should be replace by etch??

No. of Spelling Errors: 3
No. of Words: 405
No. of Different Words: 177
Average Word Length: 5.143
Word Length SD: 2.783
No. of Characters: 2083

Average Sentence Length: 18.409
Sentence Length SD: 7.512
Use of Passive Voice: 0
Use of Discourse Markers: 0.409
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.341
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.557
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.148