Argument Topic According to a recent report cheating among college and university students is on the rise However Groveton College has successfully reduced student cheating by adopting an honor code which calls for students to agree not to cheat in their

The report states a conclusion that all the colleges and universites should follow the honor code which was sucessfully implemented in the Groveton College to reduce cheating in exams. The report states this conclusion based on evidence from a survey which it conducted, and the actual number of people who cheated in recent years. However, the arguement has certains flaws in it which needs to be substantiated be justifying answers.
Firstly, will students sincerely follow the honor code and not cheat among themselves by forming a secret pact among themselves ? The report mentions that before the implmentation of the honor code, students were invigilated by the teachers closely so that cheating incidents do not occour. once the honor code is impleneted, there would be no one to keep a watch on students and they would get a free rein to cheat. Also students may not come forward themselves if they themselves cheat or if they saw someone cheating. Thus, if the honor code is implemented, there might be a increase in the overall cheating cases but only few might be reported.
Another important question which arises is the fairness of the survey which was conducted. Maybe the most of the survey respondants were cunning, and to picture that the honor code campaign is successful, gave their false opinions that the honor code system has achieved its objectives. Also was a similar survey conducted for teachers too ? as in what they feel about the students( as in if they are cheating or not). Perhaps, the teachers might know something which they want to share about the honor code system.
Lastly, even if all of the numbers of cheating incidents and the survey are to be believed, and the number of cheating mischaps does decrease in Groveton College, will the same process be sucessful in other colleges and universities ? Maybe the honor code system worked in Groveton college because the size of Groveton College is a few thousands. What if a particular college or university has a large number of students. Will the honor code system still work in the same manner as it worked in Groveton college ? Perhaps the students there might have different opinions about this.
Thus, the argument that the honor code system is a universaaly proven system and thus be implemented across all colleges and universities , as it stands now, is seriously flawed. To prove the validity of the arguement, the should contain some more concrete evidence which will help in the better evaluation of the aforementioned argument.