The city council of Smithville has instituted changes to police procedures to improve the visibility of the police force. These changes require that the town hire more police officers, budget more funds for police overtime, and direct officers to patrol s

The city council of Smithville has instituted changes to police procedures to improve the visibility of the police force. These changes require that the town hire more police officers, budget more funds for police overtime, and direct officers to patrol significantly more often on foot rather than from their patrol cars. These improvements in visibility will significantly lower the crime rate in Smithville and make its citizens feel safer.

The argument that increasing the visibility of police force will decrease crimes rate in Smithville and increase the safety of its citizens may seem rational strategy at first glance. However, the city council does not provide any evidence to support this argument, and does not take other variables and alternative solutions into account. Moreover, the assumption about decreasing of crime rate in the future is very general without appropriate reasons.

Making changes to police procedures needs some main prerequisites which will lead to increasing optimization and decreasing costs while the current changes require more funds and hire more police officer without any supporting evidence. The city council could make a wide research about answering to this question that are there direct relation between increasing the proportion of the police officers and decreasing crime rate. This research could be conduct through studying published articles written by expert police men from all over the world.

Budget more funds without any research might be increased corruption at this city council without any noticeable outcome because most of police officers do not intend to work under dangerous circumstances and abandon their mission easily. Furthermore, devoting more funds for police overtime may be seem simplistic view since the most proportion of budget should be devoted to improve facilities of city which will eventually to rising citizen’s satisfaction.

The council should be considered other variables that might have significant impact on decreasing crime rate at the long time. As an example, the method of police officers’ training should be investigated and how they are managed in their police station is very important. Increasing the number of police officers or induce them to work until midnight may aggressive the problems and make an irreversible damage. The council should compete Smithville city with other cities that have same problems and find the best solution to tackle this problem. Answering to several main questions like how they could overcome their problems and increased the rate of crimes may help the council to reduce a growing crime rate.

In conclusion, adopting some simple solutions like patrolling on foot rather than using patrol cars without giving appropriate evidence to support this strategy and without considering other main alternatives maybe make irreversible damages that have negative consequences on society and destroyed the trust relation between people and police officers.

Sentence: Increasing the number of police officers or induce them to work until midnight may aggressive the problems and make an irreversible damage.
Description: The tag an adjective is not usually followed by the
Suggestion: Refer to aggressive and the