Claim: Nations should suspend government funding for the arts when significant numbers of their citizens are hungry or unemployed.
Reason: It is inappropriate—and, perhaps, even cruel—to use public resources to fund the arts when people's basic needs are not being met.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.
Art is an integral part of life and humans and serves as a distinction between us and animals. Without art there would be no way of depicting and expressing ourselves emotionally, an essence only found in human nature. People rely on art to depict feelings, and science to advance as a society. Cutting any one out of the picture would greatly harm and handicap a society. Although arts might be thought of as essential needs to human survival and growth of a nation as a whole, putting people's lives at risk for the sake of art is not a very wise decision. But we should also take into account othe...
Subscribe as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
- Nations should pass laws to preserve any remaining wilderness areas in their natural state, even if these areas could be developed for economic gain.Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position 88
- The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition.’ Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagr 73
- Some people believe that college students should consider only their own talents and interests when choosing a field of study. Others believe that college students should base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field.Writ 47
- People's behavior is largely determined by forces not of their own making.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting 86
- The effectiveness of a country's leaders is best measured by examining the well-being of that country's citizens.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position 75
took care for spaces after punctuation marks this time. :D
Please let me know if the matter of the essay could have been better.
It is on top list:
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 5.5 out of 6
Category: Excellent Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 20 15
No. of Words: 477 350
No. of Characters: 2316 1500
No. of Different Words: 239 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.673 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.855 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.623 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 166 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 133 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 85 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 51 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 23.85 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 11.333 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.5 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.297 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.473 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.092 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 5
yess :D got a 5.5 :D