Fifteen years ago, Omega University implemented a new procedure that encouraged students to evaluate the teaching effectiveness of all their professors. Since that time, Omega professors have begun to assign higher grades in their classes, and overall student grade averages at Omega have risen by thirty percent. Potential employers apparently believe the grades at Omega are inflated; this would explain why Omega graduates have not been as successful at getting jobs as have graduates from nearby Alpha University. To enable its graduates to secure better jobs, Omega University should now terminate student evaluation of professors.
The argument casts doubts on the accuracy of the scores that students of Omega University have received after a certain policy implemented. The author poses reasons to doubt the accuracy if scores, like the wired escalation of scores and the lacking of abilities to get jobs with comparison to the school nearby, and presents a possible method to resolve this situation eventually. It seems that his opinions are correct at the first glance, but I find it specious on several grounds after deliberation.
First, the author points out that scores, the students have received, have risen up to 30 p...
Subscribe as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
- The following is a memorandum from the business manager of WLSS television station."Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increasingly more time to covering national news and less time to covering weather and local news. During the s 95
- According to a recent report by our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen produced movies than in any other year. And yet the percentage of positive reviews by movie reviewers about specific Super Screen movies act 69
- Nature's Way, a chain of stores selling health food and other health-related products, is opening its next franchise in the town of Plainsville. The store should prove to be very successful: Nature's Way franchises tend to be most profitable in areas wher 65
- Fifteen years ago, Omega University implemented a new procedure that encouraged students to evaluate the teaching effectiveness of all their professors. Since that time, Omega professors have begun to assign higher grades in their classes, and overall stu 93
- Educational institutions should actively encourage their students to choose fields of study that will prepare them for lucrative careers. 90
It is on top list:
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 5.5 out of 6
Category: Excellent Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 20 15
No. of Words: 439 350
No. of Characters: 2109 1500
No. of Different Words: 202 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.577 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.804 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.633 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 164 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 115 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 79 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 41 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 21.95 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 8.453 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.5 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.304 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.516 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.082 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 5
good piece of writing !!
thx a lot!! but I quitely doubt it a good piece...
thx for your appreciation anyway!!