Fifteen years ago, Omega University implemented a new procedure that encouraged students to evaluate the teaching effectiveness of all their professors. Since that time, Omega professors have begun to assign higher grades in their classes, and overall stu

Fifteen years ago, Omega University implemented a new procedure that encouraged students to evaluate the teaching effectiveness of all their professors. Since that time, Omega professors have begun to assign higher grades in their classes, and overall student grade averages at Omega have risen by 30 percent. Potential employers, looking at this dramatic rise in grades, believe that grades at Omega are inflated and do not accurately reflect student achievement; as a result, Omega graduates have not been as successful at getting jobs as have graduates from nearby Alpha University. To enable its graduates to secure better jobs, Omega University should terminate student evaluation of professors.

Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

The author argues that Omega graduates have not be successful at getting jobs as have graduates from Alphas university is due to their inflated average grades which is believed to be caused by the evaluation of professors, so it is necessary to terminate this procedure. It is easy to understand the author is well-intend to guarantee Omega graduates' better jobs, but before adopting his suggestion, more evidence should be presented, and more consideration ought to be taken.

The first of all, the author notices students in Omega got average 30 percent higher grades since the implement of ev...

Sentence: One may argues that under the pressure of the evaluation procedure, the professors determine to improve the quality of their teaching in order to get good response, so they take more preparations for lectures and review students' homework more carefully.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a verb, present tense, 3rd person singular
Suggestion: Refer to may and argues

Sentence: Before adopting his suggestion, Omega should gather more information in order to evaluation its soundness.
Description: A noun, singular, common is not usually followed by a determiner, possessive
Suggestion: Refer to evaluation and its

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/gmatgre