The following appeared as an editorial in the student newspaper of Groveton College."To combat the recently reported dramatic rise in cheating among college students, colleges and universities should adopt honor codes similar to Groveton's, which calls fo

The following appeared as an editorial in the student newspaper of Groveton College.
"To combat the recently reported dramatic rise in cheating among college students, colleges and universities should adopt honor codes similar to Groveton's, which calls for students to agree not to cheat in their academic endeavors and to notify a faculty member if they suspect that others have cheated. Groveton's honor code replaced an old-fashioned system in which teachers closely monitored students. Under that system, teachers reported an average of thirty cases of cheating per year. The honor code has proven far more successful: in the first year it was in place, students reported twenty-one cases of cheating; five years later, this figure had dropped to fourteen. Moreover, in a recent survey conducted by the Groveton honor council, a majority of students said that they would be less likely to cheat with an honor code in place than without."
Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

Adopting honor codes in order not to cheat could be a good solution. But the author makes a number of unsubstantiated assumptions about applying this policy. Based on these assumptions, the author makes his/her bold proposal to adopt honor codes and notify to faculty members some cases of possible cheating. Although this solution is thought to fight the increment of cheating among college students, this may fail to achieve that goal and it could even increase the cases.

The author's first mistake is to assume that the honor code has really proven to be a successful solution. The author poin...

Sentence: Perhaps, students have improved their the ways of cheating, which allow them to cheat secretly.
Description: The tag a determiner, possessive is not usually followed by the
Suggestion: Refer to their and the

Sentence: Perhaps, the students of Groveton became easily more concious about the fact that cheating is prejuditial for themselves.
Error: prejuditial Suggestion: prejudicial
Error: concious Suggestion: conscious

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/gmatgre