The following appeared as a letter to the editor from a Central Plaza store owner."Over the past two years, the number of shoppers in Central Plaza has been steadily decreasing while the popularity of skateboarding has increased dramatically. Many Central

The following appeared as a letter to the editor from a Central Plaza store owner.
"Over the past two years, the number of shoppers in Central Plaza has been steadily decreasing while the popularity of skateboarding has increased dramatically. Many Central Plaza store owners believe that the decrease in their business is due to the number of skateboard users in the plaza. There has also been a dramatic increase in the amount of litter and vandalism throughout the plaza. Thus, we recommend that the city prohibit skateboarding in Central Plaza. If skateboarding is prohibited here, we predict that business in Central Plaza will return to its previously high levels."
Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation is likely to have the predicted result. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

In these letter central plaza store owner wants from editor of central plaza to stop skateboarding in central plaza because they believe popularity among shoppers about skateboarding have led to the decrease in their business . This assumptions of owners seems illogical and hard to understand.

First of all there is no link or no evidence presented by the owners for the cause in their decrease in their business. It might be because of their own inefficiency and incompetency which would have resulted in decrease in their business. The owners have not given any proof of skateboarding having any link with their business. Decrease in their business could be seasonal or could be by other shops which could provide better products and facilities compared to them. There is no fact and figures presented by the owners showing their profits, past profits, losses etc.

Skateboarding users are not holding back any people from coming into their shops but it is possible that other people who could come to their shops might not come because they fear they could get clashed with skateboarders . Although that is just an assumption and cannot be taken as a weapon to come to the conclusion that skateboarding should be prohibited completely. They should take feedback from shoppers and customers itself rather than assuming things which hold no proofs. By doing that they can get exact reason for their decrease and can take appropriate measures and action in their own decisions.

There is an increase in the number of skateboarders which could also translate increase in the number of people visiting other shops but that is not the case ,so their problem can’t be attributed to skateboarding. The owners themselves agreed that there is increase in vandalism and litter in which owners have shown no evidence between skateboarders and those who vandalize.

Even if increase in popularity of skateboarding could be the reason for their decrease in business, then also skateboarding can’t be held responsible for it because they all are doing business and in business people can take any measures to increase their business if it correctly follows laws and not legally flawed. Much more evidence and proof has to be presented by the owners in order for editor to believe their stand and take any action against skateboarding in central plaza.

Sentence: This assumptions of owners seems illogical and hard to understand.
Description: A determiner/pronoun, singular is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to This and assumptions

Argument 1 -- OK

Argument 2 -- NOT OK. Where did you get this: because they fear they could get clashed with skateboarders?

Argument 3 -- NOT OK. Don't refer something new: There is an increase in the number of skateboarders which could also translate increase in the number of people visiting other shops.