"The following appeared in a memo from the Mayor of the city of Hillville:"In order to alleviate the serious unemployment problem in our town, we should encourage Autotech to build its automobile manufacturing plant in our area. The Hillville landfill, wh

"The following appeared in a memo from the Mayor of the city of Hillville:

"In order to alleviate the serious unemployment problem in our town, we should encourage Autotech to build its automobile manufacturing plant in our area. The Hillville landfill, which has been undeveloped for decades, is a perfect site for this plant. The building and staffing of this plant will put to work thousands of Hillville residents left unemployed after Computech computer software programming company abandoned its national facility last year. I am asking the City Council to authorize a large campaign to attract the company and offer significant tax incentives to make our town attractive to this giant of car manufacturing."" -

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation and the argument on which it is based are reasonable.

The argument states that the automobile manufacturing company of Autotech should be invited to set up a plant in the town of Hillville to alleviate its unemployment problem, and states that a perfect site for the plant already exists. A number of assumptions are made by the author here, some of which may not necessarily be true. On close inspection, these potentially faulty assumptions reveal that the argument may be basically flawed and its effect is thus affected.

Firstly, while declaring that the Hillview landfill is a perfect site for the automobile manufacturing plant, the author m...

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/gmatgre