The following memorandum is from the business manager of Happy Pancake House restaurants."Recently, butter has been replaced by margarine in Happy Pancake House restaurants throughout the southwestern United States. This change, however, has had little im

The following memorandum is from the business manager of Happy Pancake House restaurants.
"Recently, butter has been replaced by margarine in Happy Pancake House restaurants throughout the southwestern United States. This change, however, has had little impact on our customers. In fact, only about 2 percent of customers have complained, indicating that an average of 98 people out of 100 are happy with the change. Furthermore, many servers have reported that a number of customers who ask for butter do not complain when they are given margarine instead. Clearly, either these customers do not distinguish butter from margarine or they use the term 'butter' to refer to either butter or margarine."
Write a response in which you discuss one or more alternative explanations that could rival the proposed explanation and explain how your explanation(s) can plausibly account for the facts presented in the argument.

Albeit replacing the butter with margarine in Happy Pancake House restaurants throughout the southwestern United States can be considered as a positive healthy measure; however, no valid and reliable evidence is provided by business manager to substantiate that 98% of customers significantly gave satisfactory feedback on the recent modification. Furthermore, even though customers exhibit no complains when they are served by margarine instead of butter, it does not signify that the servers should continue to provide them with margarine.

Firstly, any assumption without presenting concrete proofs regarding the customers’ attitudes or reactions does not produce a cogent case for business manager to conclude that clients are presumably concur with the replacement of butter with margarine. Thus, a valid survey is required to be conducted to significantly reveal that the customers are really gratified with the current amendment.

Secondly, from ethical perspective, the servers’ manner with conjunction with clients’ silence when served merely by margarine is unwarranted. The customers are entitled to be served with services that they exactly offer. There is no right for restaurants reserved to deliberately serve customers without taking their opinions and comments into consideration.

Thirdly, citing that clients are not able to distinguish difference between butter and margarine is an offensive judgment. The customers are most likely unwilling to blame the servers because they might consider it as an unintentional behavior. Nonetheless, if the restaurants do not discontinue this policy they will probably inundated by the critics from their audience.

In conclusion, without receiving customers’ suggestion and comments, such amendment from the business manager of Happy Pancake House restaurants is not an appropriate action and this arbitrary measure is deemed as sort of clients’ right violation to choose the kind of service they wish. As a consequence, the memorandum contains tenuous and insulting facts so that the business manager ought to reconsider his or her policies and make efforts into ensuring the full rights of their customers.