The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station. "Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this period, most of the

The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station.

"Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this period, most of the complaints received from viewers were concerned with our station's coverage of weather and local news. In addition, local businesses that used to advertise during our late-night news program have canceled their advertising contracts with us.

Therefore, in order to attract more viewers to our news programs and to avoid losing any further advertising revenues, we should expand our coverage of weather and local news on all our news programs."

Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

In the passage, a report from business manager of a television station is presented. According to that from the last year they have increased the duration of national news and have reduced the time allotted for weather and local news in their late night news program. The impacts of this is mentioned in the further passage with some unquestionable premises and assumptions. It has been observed that the complaints of viewers during this period were related to coverage of weather and local news. Cancellation of contracts by advertising companies has been faced. Author has taken some assumptions with unproven evidences and has concluded to expand coverage of weather and local news.

At the first, it is stated that there is increment in national news time and decrement in weather and local news time in late night news program of a television station. The reason behind this changes are not mentioned by the author, which makes the information incomplete. It would have been possible that due to public demand for more coverage of national news, these changes have been done at that time.

During that period viewers have complained about the coverage of weather and local news. The author has assumed that the viewers were complaining because they were dissatisfied with the time allotted for the weather and local news. But this assumptions seems to be weaken here without having strong evidence. It would have been possible that viewers were complaining because of poor quality of coverage of weather and local news or because of the unsatisfactory content of that coverage.

local businesses of advertising companies have canceled their advertising contracts during that period and the causes behind this are not clearly mentioned. There can be several reasons like other television shows may be gaining much more popularity at that time and advertising companies may be dealing with those popular television stations.

At the end based on his own weak assumption, author has suggested to expand our coverage of weather and local news on all our news programs to enhance revenues and popularity. The evidence and reasons behind the assumptions should be mentioned clearly in order to provide strong support to conclusion. The survey of other famous news programs should be done to find the reasons of their fame and strategies should be planned accordingly for improvement.

Sentence: The reason behind this changes are not mentioned by the author, which makes the information incomplete.
Description: A determiner/pronoun, singular is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to this and changes

Sentence: But this assumptions seems to be weaken here without having strong evidence.
Suggestion: Refer to this and assumptions