The following opinion was provided in a letter to the editor of a national aeronautics magazine:“Manned space flight is costly and dangerous. Moreover, the recent success of a series of unmanned space probes and satellites has demonstrated that a great de

The following opinion was provided in a letter to the editor of a national aeronautics magazine:
“Manned space flight is costly and dangerous. Moreover, the recent success of a series of unmanned space probes and satellites has demonstrated that a great deal of useful information can be gathered without the costs and risks associated with sending men and women into space. Therefore, we should invest our resources in unmanned space flight."
Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

Putting "man on the moon" has been a remarkable phase in human history. Manned space flight maybe costly or dangerous, but the fact that that first step on an extra-terrestrial surface involved years of study and research, cannot be ignored. Though this letter to the editor shows concern for human life, there are quite a few flaws in his/her assumptions about manned space travel that are elaborated below.

There is a basic difference between a manned space flight and other space probes and satellites. A manned space flight intends to study the difference between environment on Earth and in s...