The following was posted on an Internet real estate discussion site. "Of the two leading real estate firms in our town�Adams Realty and Fitch Realty�Adams is clearly superior. Adams has 40 real estate agents. In contrast, Fitch has 25, many of whom wo

The following was posted on an Internet real estate discussion site.

"Of the two leading real estate firms in our town�Adams Realty and Fitch Realty�Adams is clearly superior. Adams has 40 real estate agents. In contrast, Fitch has 25, many of whom work only part-time. Moreover, Adams' revenue last year was twice as high as that of Fitch, and included home sales that averaged $168,000, compared to Fitch's $144,000. Homes listed with Adams sell faster as well: ten years ago, I listed my home with Fitch and it took more than four months to sell; last year, when I sold another home, I listed it with Adams, and it took only one month. Thus, if you want to sell your home quickly and at a good price, you should use Adams."

The author has made unsubstantiated assumptions in his argument ignoring many factors that, if they were taken in consideration, would upend the argument.

The comparison made between Adams Realty and Fitch Realty did depend on an experience of one person. Not only that, but also this experience related to ten years from the past. "To how extent could the condition be different now?" we should think. The world changes continuously so the things that did suit the people ten year ago couldn't be the same that satisfy people recently. Consequently, this comparison is considered an anachronism.

The author didn't determine the size, location and the accessories of the two houses mentioned in the argument which basically would affect the price and the facility of each house to be sold. The house sold by Adams might be of better location than the house sold by Fitch so naturally Adams was able to sell that house faster. Also, this house might be of larger size and more accessories so it was sold with higher price.

The total revenue of Adams Realty doesn't necessarily reflect of the superiority Adams over Fitch. For example, Adams may sell many houses with low prices but Fitch sells fewer houses with higher prices. For the customer, it's better to sell his\her house for the better price.

Despite the flaws in the author's argument, he\she can be correct if he\she can strengthen his\her important premise with data. For instance, the author can bolster this claim with a comprehensive fresh survey concerning the numbers, prices and the character of the houses sold by each company. Another fresh survey should be included dealing with the customers of each company.

For issue essays, better to have 450+ words, for argument essays, 400+ words if you want marks over 5.0.