Formal education tends to restrain our minds and spirits rather than set them free.

Some argue that formal education is prone to be the cause of restraining our minds and spirits instead of setting them free. I am of the opinion that formal education is the indispensable process of people's civilization. At the same time, however, the formal education sometimes impairs our minds and spirits in some respects.

Getting unfettered from the formal education would be beneficial in a number of respects. First of all, without the limitation of formal education, we are able to utilize our imagination to invent something which has never been appeared before. For example, when I was a child before going to school, I always spend most of my time on the production of some funny things with limited materials that I've learned from TV. In addition, after I attend to school and acquire some realistic knowledge, I found that it's becoming difficult for me to produce some interesting things, similar to those I've made, because of having a realistic thought that it's quite a monotonous activity without being for any purpose except fun.

However, getting rid of formal education would pose some certain problems, which might overshadow its benefits. First, formal education provides us a efficient way to obtain some professional knowledge which will be useful in the future. For example, people can incorporate their imagination and the knowledge learned from formal education to devise or manufacture some products. Besides, with formal education, people attempt to behave themselves not only because of having common sense of laws, but also being afraid of violating the laws and contribute to jail punishments.

Finally, having formal education don't contradicts to the freedom of our minds or spirits, which might be beneficial. For example, lots of famous authors and writers are well-educated, and instead of being trapped by the cage of formal education, they utilize their knowledge and skills learned from formal education to express their mind in appropriate and beautiful tones.

In the final analysis, formal education would account to a double-edged sword. While lacking of it would set more freedom to people's minds and spirits, at the same time it might be out of control. The optimal federal approach, in my view, is a balanced one that having formal education would be more beneficial.