Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's field of study.

Some argue that students should acquire the knowledge of different fields instead of limiting the students in their major field. I fundamentally agree with this assertion. A contrary position would pose a problem that students will be too narrow in their major field and lack of the basic knowledge outside their field which might attribute to low effectiveness in work in the future.

The primary reason why I agree with the proposition is that accessing different fields of knowledge enable us to incorporate our professional skills in our field with the different fields which might not only help us to know different field knowledge and widen our viewpoint but also augment our abilities in solving a majority of problems. Moreover, as a student double majoring in Industrial Engineering and Economics, I find that it's quite common to take advantage of economic theory, like cost theory, game theory, and so on, to solve the problems happened in the factory that the students of Industrial Engineering are supposed to deal with.

In addition, taking courses of a variety of different fields do help us, suffering from the lacking of the impetus to study, to know what field is our optimal choice. For example, when I attended the college I have had not willing to choose Industrial Engineering, so I decided to take lots of courses to find my exact interest. Fortunately, I realized that how interesting the economics is and made up my mind to double major in Economics which does help me to adequately corporate the knowledge of where I'm interested in and the professional knowledge I acquired in IE.

Finally, I think take a variety of different courses enable us to meet different kinds of people. Take the course named "products designed" for example, we are required to build a team which embodies different fields of students, via this way we are prone to solve the problems in different angles we encountered during the process of inventing a new products.

In the final analysis, to obtain different knowledge in different fields, universities should require every student to take a variety of courses. Not only access extra knowledge, but also try to use the knowledge of different fields together to deal with problems.

You may pay attention to the sentence varieties: you have a lot of sentences start with 'I' like 'I realized','I find','I agree'...