GMAT essay:progress is best made through discussion between people who have contrasting views.

The author contends that progress is best made through discussion through discussion between people who have contrasting views. I fundamental agree with the author's contention. In my observation, a contrary position would reflect a too narrow view of contrasting points of view and its positive functions. Nevertheless, I would caution that extending the contrasting points of view too far might risk undemining those functions. The paradoxical contention will be explained and substantiated apart as follows.

The paramount reason why I generally agree with the contestation is that, for better o...

Sentence: I fundamental agree with the author's contention.
Description: A pronoun, personal, nominative, not 3rd person singular is not usually followed by an adjective
Suggestion: Refer to I and fundamental

Sentence: Thereby, as far as I concerned, the progress of discussion between people have contrasting views is a wise action.
Description: The fragment I concerned , is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace concerned with verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive

Sentence: Nevertheless, I would caution that extending the contrasting points of view too far might risk undemining those functions.
Error: undemining Suggestion: undermining

Sentence: The paramount reason why I generally agree with the contestation is that, for better or worse, the contrary points of view would lead to new problems which could strengthen the depth and width of the science.
Error: contestation Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: To sum up, It would be tempting to concede that contrasting points of view are abortive at the fist glance, however, from further scrutiny of assertion and above-mentioned demonstration, it is palpable to draw the conclusion that the progress of discussion between people who own contrasting points of view could advance the science depth and width, promoting the science development.
Error: above-mentioned Suggestion: abovementioned