The luxuries and conveniences of contemporary life prevent people from developing into truly strong and independent individuals Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning f

The luxuries and conveniences of contemporary life prevent people from developing into truly strong and independent individuals.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

As long as we assume the majority of people in a society, the statement holds true. Modern lifestyle, unfortunately, has been interpreted mistakenly by a vast portion of the contemporary mankind. They tend to forget what the prime mission of life is; they are willing to rely on worldly things excessively; most of them are steeped in luxury lifestyle so that have been away from moral values. Hence, I concur with this statement that the luxuries and conveniences of contemporary life has impeded people from developing into truly strong and independent individuals.

In the first place, we should have the clear understanding from strong and independent individuals, if the purpose is the ability to be a forward thinker with capability of being a change agent without being a mere consumer, based on the results of sociological studies we can conclude that people have tendency to less strive to promote their development indications and enjoy enormously from the superficial aspects of the life.

As an example, the recent long-term investigation on school children with the aim of making comparison between them and their predecessor generation in terms of perseverance, attitude, future plans and etc, revealed that the current generation exhibits more weaknesses and is more reluctant to have sufficient motive for further attempts and fulfilling their career ambitions. The researchers attribute these findings to the ubiquitous of facilities and convenient life which is more likely to stall them from leading a more purpose based lives.

Furthermore, nowadays luxury lifestyles are increasingly promoted by media so that people are encouraged to spend more money on fancy products and are less spurred to be reluctant towards worldly things. Therefore, there is lack of appropriate and compelling atmosphere in many societies to motivate individuals focus further on individual and social developments.

Although the modern life offers more convenient living than the past and helps people to lead more comfortable lives, but due to lack of adequate educational efforts to help people hold true and right attitude toward the superior life, they tend to uncontrollably assimilate the luxuries into their daily lives. To add insult to injury, the luxury lifestyle has become an ultimate goal for many people and occasionally they resort to any unwarranted methods to satisfy their dreams.