The luxuries and conveniences of contemporary life prevent people from developing into truly strong and independent individuals Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning f

The luxuries and conveniences of contemporary life prevent people from developing into truly strong and independent individuals.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position

It is hard to imagine a life without the internet, smartphones, electricity, dish washer, washing machine, air-conditioner and other conveniences. The invention of these tools has made living easier and reduces stress. I do not have to leave for England three months before to attend a conference because i can catch a 6 hour flight thus giving me more time to complete my research. I disagree with the above claim that the conveniences of contemporary life enables us to become independent individuals.

The emergence of technology and devices such as electricity, internet, cars, good healthcare has improved the quality of life and life expectancy of individuals. This is because individuals can devote more time to developing their human faculties rather than spending time on mundane things. For example, before the industralization era, families spent their time on their farms and lived subsistent lives. Life for them was brutish as emergences such as diseases were seen as punishment from gods that had to be appeased. During and after the industrialization process, things changed. As living standards improved, thought processes and mindsets also changed. Individuals began to diversify and improved their quality of life. Other occupations apart from traditional occupations emerged.

Modern day conveniences has also given individuals the time and ability to explore the world they live in and make it better. For example, research is being conducted on how to tackle issues such as global warming.

The luxuries and conveniences of contemporary life has also helped women come into their own. The role of women was limited to their homes. However, women and their roles have evolved as a result of the conveniences of modern day life. For example, a woman does not have to spend all day toiling in the kitchen. Devices such as the microwave, cooker and mixer has made it easier to cook such that she has the time to attend school and have a career whilst fulfiling her role as a home- maker. Relatedly, women are now seen as comtemporaries of men rather than the weaker sex because they have been able to grow. This might not have been possible if we were still stuck in the time when women had to spend most of their time taking care of their familiies.

Nevertheless, the improved standard of living and situation of machines are the beck and call of humans may have made us lazy. Take for instance the use of calculators to solve mental sums or the use of phone reminders and alarms. Lore states that our fore fathers were more developed than we are now because they lacked all these tools and had to survive.

In conclusion, the comforts of modern day life has helped human beings to develop and utilize their God-given abilities whilst at the same time made them lazy. However, individuals are better-off with these conveniences rather than without them

Sentence: Devices such as the microwave, cooker and mixer has made it easier to cook such that she has the time to attend school and have a career whilst fulfiling her role as a home- maker.
Error: whilst Suggestion: while
Error: fulfiling Suggestion: fulfilling
Error: cooker Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: Relatedly, women are now seen as comtemporaries of men rather than the weaker sex because they have been able to grow.
Error: comtemporaries Suggestion: contemporaries

Sentence: This might not have been possible if we were still stuck in the time when women had to spend most of their time taking care of their familiies.
Error: familiies Suggestion: families