A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position

Educational programs and how they should be constructed is one the hottest matter of debate in today's societies. There are different opinions on the most promising way of educating students, especially before college and university, so that they will become erudite and useful for the sake of both themselves and their country. Some people hold the idea that the national curriculum should be arranged so it would be compatible with students' fields of interest, even before college. In other words, they oppose the idea of homogeneity in the national curriculum before college or university study. However, others, with whom I comply, believe that all pupils sharing the same nationality and living in a similar country should study the same courses before starting their studies in colleges or universities. In what follows, I will delineate my viewpoint on the grounds of two persuasive reasons.

Without a doubt, the most consequential point corroborating my stance on this subject is that students, in most cases, are not able to find the certain field that they are really interested in. Uniformity in the national curriculum makes it possible for educational program designers to incorporate various subjects in this program, a wide range of programs from art and history to medical science and mathematics. Under this condition, the students are more likely to find their fields of interest and become successful in the future. Moreover, most pupils and youngsters have a common characteristic: they are erratic, meaning they like one thing today, and the other day they are interested in the exact opposite thing. It is likely that a student is fascinated by, for example, engineering stuff until the year before college, and in the last year, he found himself interested in art and painting. This phenomenon is very widespread among young people. If the national curriculum is not uniform, these students will find it very tough to change their major. Consequently, they probably would stick to a field of study in which they are not interested at all and are less likely to become a prosperous engineer, for example.

Although the previous reason is the first one crossing the mind at first glance, another remarkable point deserving some words here is that homogeneity in the educational program before the college and university study create a uniform environment where all pupils study under the relatively same condition. They are supposed to have a similar level of knowledge. In this case, the college and university to which the students want to apply can make a better decision in the admission process since all students have passed the same courses and are supposed to have the same knowledge. This means that those students with low GPAs are those who might be considered as not decent or good students. Uniformity in the national curriculum creates an environment where college or university decision-makers can compare applicants more even-handedly.

To make the long story short, and reflecting upon all the aforementioned grounds, one soon realizes that uniformity in the national pre-college curriculum offers innumerable privileges, and its advantages utterly outweigh its disadvantages.