A nation should require all its students to study the same national curriculum untill they enter college

Considering the rising competition for entry into colleges, it has become very difficult for evaluators to set up a common benchmark for selecting students for a particular course. Since students from different boards like the state board, the national board as well as the international board all are applying for the same course, it bcomes a tedious task to assess their performance and their aptitude as every board has a different curriculam. In such situations, there appears a need that all students in a country must have the same standard curriculam till the time they enter college.

This idea of creating a national curriculum that would be common across all schools in the country will sure help in keeping all students at par by providing them the same level of education. Also it will not deprive the economically backward but intellectually rich students with quality education. As a result this process will ensure equality amongst children irrespective of their race, religion, social status, etc. Apart from this it will also assist in easy evaluation of students at college entry level. Since all the students have received the same set of academic knowledge, it will facilitate the college faculties to assess the students on the basis of their academic merit.

However there are few other aspects that make an analytical individual take a second thought over implementing a national curriculum. Firstly, would this common syllabus keep us in par with international level as well ? If so, what would be the medium of instruction in schools. If it is the national language, then we are surely making our future generation a little restrictive with respect to the international market. If it were English, then somewhere we are reducing importance on our cultural wealth, our language. Also, if by some means we manage to compete the international syllabus of other countries, aren't we doing injustice on intellectually weak students ? Also with the physically disabled ones ? What if they are not able to manage the tedious syllabus. Would their inability in learning deprive them of achieving even primary education? Additionaly, a common syllabus would also restrict the students from the freedom to choose subjects of their choice at secondary level. Also children of people who have a transfer job will find it very difficult to cope up with other country school and its syllabus if ever their parents migrate or shift temporarily to any other country.

With the above points in mind, it would be a more rational decision if we avoid setting up a common national curriculum. Instead, in order to ease evaluation process we can set up certain parameters which will grade students based on the difficulty of the board they have studied in. Also a direct interview with the students in case of any other discrepancy would suffice.

learning

Sentence: Since students from different boards like the state board, the national board as well as the international board all are applying for the same course, it bcomes a tedious task to assess their performance and their aptitude as every board has a different curriculam.
Error: bcomes Suggestion: becomes