"In order for any work of art—for example, a film, a novel, a poem, or a song—to have merit, it must be understandable to most people."
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.
Everybody who once visited a museum of modern arts probably at least once uttered the words: "If they call that art. Pfft, my 5 year old cousin could do just as well or even better.". It is easily said, but more often than not art is meant to ponder in the mind of people instead of just observing it and having a judgment immediately ready.
Art has the profound purpose of questioning settled values, setting peoples mind into thinking so they gain another experience or a deeper insight into life. An artsists purpose is not just to be seen, but to be remembered, to be talked about, to upset pe...
Subscribe as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
- The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government industry or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation not competition Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree wi88
- Unfortunately in contemporary society creating an appealing image has become more important than the reality or truth behind that image Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your rea73
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? - It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts. - Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.85
- "Some people claim that a nation's government should preserve its wilderness areas in their natural state. Others argue that these areas should be developed for potential economic gain." - Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely alig60
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement Television advertising directed toward young children aged two to five should not be allowed Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer66
Sentence: An artsists purpose is not just to be seen, but to be remembered, to be talked about, to upset people, to make them ponder and expose their emotions.
Error: artsists Suggestion: artists
It is on top list:
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 6.0 out of 6
Category: Excellent Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 1 2
No. of Sentences: 28 15
No. of Words: 548 350
No. of Characters: 2420 1500
No. of Different Words: 292 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.838 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.416 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.56 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 151 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 104 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 64 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 43 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 19.571 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 8.364 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.5 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.232 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.413 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.098 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 5