As people rely more and more on technology to solve problems, the ability of humans to think for themselves will surely deteriorate.
Discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position
Technology has contributed to get several breakthroughs to a wide variety of branches. This has made easier the human beings' lives. While some people have become dependent of it and trust blindly on it, then their capable of think has deteriorated, many others just use it as a "third arm" to improve their lives. Clearly then, not all people have felt their reason capacity impaired.
Saying that the fact of people trust more on technology to solve their problems affect or decrease their thinking is partially wrong. People tend use that to seize their time letting to the complex operations, which they have to do in order to get something beneficial to them, to the technology. Meanwhile the interpretation of the results or the way of how continues the task (which are the most important part of that) entirely belongs to the people's thinking. For instance, some civil designs are done using computer softwares, which have a friendly workplace. Civil engineers must have the previous knowledge to determine the veracity of the results; on the other words, whether they fit with the preview. Thus, when designers have these results proceed to validate the design.
Moreover, the technology was done and is continuously improved by people in order to solve specific problems. Accordingly, people who are in charge of this goal improve their own knowledge using the previous technology. Is this not a reason to debunk the statement?
It is true that many people have seen how their ability to resolve easy calculations has reduced considerably. Calculators have been a perfect machine to make calculations faster. For this reason, people get involuntarily used to use it to resolve all the operations that they could deal even the basic ones, which could be done by second-grade students. Thus, when they do not have a calculator and they deal with solving a basic math problem, they will probably take more time to do it than when they were younger. Furthermore, there are some engineers who trust too much on the results given the design programs that they avoid to check these and conclude the outcome is utterly "correct".
Nevertheless, as civil engineers (even we could say engineers in general) and scientists in charge of the design of technology, there are certain instances in which people take advantage of technology just as a help to improve their work. Therefore, not all the people necessarily have seen diminished their knowledge and thinking by relying on technology.
- When people succeed, it is because of hard work. Luck has nothing to do with success.” Do you agree or disagree with the quotation above? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your position. 85
- The following appeared as an editorial in the student newspaper of Groveton College."To combat the recently reported dramatic rise in cheating among college students, colleges and universities should adopt honor codes similar to Groveton's, which calls fo 90
- Some people believe it is often necessary, even desirable, for political leaders to withhold information from the public. Others believe that the public has a right to be fully informed.Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely aligns 83
- A friend of yours has received some money and plans to use all of it either • to go on vacation • to buy a car. Your friend has asked you for advice. Compare your friend’s two choices and explain which one you think your friend should choose. Use specific 85
- In an attempt to improve highway safety Prunty County last year lowered its speed limit from 55 to 45 miles per hour on all county highways But this effort has failed the number of accidents has not decreased and based on reports by the highway patrol man 76
Sentence: Furthermore, there are some engineers who trust too much on the results given the design programs that they avoid to check these and conclude the outcome is utterly 'correct'.
Description: The fragment results given the is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace given with verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 5.0 out of 6
Category: Very Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 1 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 20 15
No. of Words: 411 350
No. of Characters: 2026 1500
No. of Different Words: 199 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.503 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.929 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.658 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 135 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 109 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 75 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 50 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 20.55 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 9.008 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.55 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.305 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.516 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.083 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 5