Essay topics: Some people believe that government funding of the arts is necessary to ensure that the arts can flourish and be available to all people. Others believe that government funding of the arts threatens the integrity of the arts.
Art, which are more valuable in lifting the human spirit than keeping the material life undoubtedly requires largely a amount of capital and low return on investment in short-term. Thus, I argue that the government is the solely organization which can allocate a great number of money to ensure the flourish of the arts and be available to all people without anticipating profit in short-term.
First, comparing private investors with the government, there is a obvious different purpose to invest in the arts. While private investors "instinctively" look forward to needing a quick return on their investment in order to maximum the profit, of course ,including the invest on the arts, the government, however, using the money primarily to improve the public's level of spirit and offer a chance for them to access to the arts. And, private investors will require a high fee for the public to enter the art centers. Indeed, most of individuals would not like to spend such much money to appreciate the unrealistic arts in their eyes. As the result, the beneficiaries of the arts on which invested by private investors are limited to the elitists who are affordable to stroll through the big-city museums and galleries, and so forth. In contrast, even though the government can't yield interest in time, it will remain to fund it and charge the people a token fee to enable them enjoy the arts. Thus, it's not difficult to find the government assumes an active role in assuring that the arts can be available to the public.
Besides, the government allocate the money on the arts will flourish it though developing some communication activities with other countries that contain the different character of the arts. During these activities, ideas of the arts will melt and then will challenge artists to create better works consist of various feats derived from different cultures.
But, some people might argue that government funding of the arts threatens the integrity of the arts considering its development will dependent on the politics that the arts will finally become a tool for some bureaucrats to get more supports from certain individuals such as artists. Those are the people who get direct patronage from the government. However, the fear is unnecessary for it's inevitable that all of the great arts' development needs the support from government such as offering the places to artists to conduct inhibitions and publicize their new works. Actually, the government and the arts coexist in the society. In this sense, the government funding of the arts will not threatens the integrity of the arts, but conducive to the develop it.
In sum, I argue that the government funding of the arts will play an active role in supporting rather than threatening it.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 month 2 days ago||ralfraihat||50||Read full essay|
|1 month 4 days ago||Karena Wong||83||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 weeks ago||agmh||50||Read full essay|
|3 months 6 days ago||Deeksha||79||Read full essay|
|3 months 2 weeks ago||bharti.sharma2792||50||Read full essay|
|3 months 4 weeks ago||urvangP||0||Read full essay|
|5 months 2 weeks ago||Pattern||83.75||Read full essay|
|5 months 2 weeks ago||Pattern||75||Read full essay|
|8 months 1 week ago||swong13||66||Read full essay|
|9 months 2 weeks ago||http_essay||66.5||Read full essay|
- The effectiveness of a country's leaders is best measured by examining the well-being of that country's citizens. (54.4444)
- The following appeared in a memo at XYZ company."When XYZ lays off employees, it pays Delany Personnel Firm to offer those employees assistance in creating résumés and developing interviewing skills, if they so desire. Laid-off employees have benefited gr (80)
- The vice president of human resources at Climpson Industries sent the following recommendation to the company's president."In an effort to improve our employees' productivity, we should implement electronic monitoring of employees' Internet use from their (44.6154)
- The most effective way to understand contemporary culture is to analyze the trends of its youth. (70)
- The surest indicator of a great nation is represented not by the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists, but by the general welfare of its people. (46.25)
- The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company."According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any (57.5)
- Politicians should pursue common ground and reasonable consensus rather than elusive ideals (54.090899999999998)
- 63The following recommendation was made by the president and administrative staff of Grove College, a private institution, to the college's governing committee."We recommend that Grove College preserve its century-old tradition of all-female education rat (70)
- argument：The following appeared in the summary of a study on headaches suffered by the residents of Mentia.A recently issued twenty-year study on headaches suffered by the residents of Mentia investigated the possible therapeutic effect of consuming salic (65)
- Claim: Colleges and universities should specify all required courses and eliminate elective courses in order to provide clear guidance for students.Reason: College students—like people in general—prefer to follow directions rather than make their own deci (54)