Some people believe it is often necessary, even desirable, for political leaders to withhold information from the public. Others believe that the public has a right to be fully informed.
Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely aligns with your own position and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should address both of the views presented.
In this modern society, the most common way to access information is by newspaper, television, radio, internet, etc. We all live in a society where our government is elected by public. So our representatives (government) know well enough how much of information is to be disclosed to public. So it is not necessary to disclose all the information to the public.
By revealing all the information to public may sometime cause damage to the society. These information may fall in to wrong hands and may take advantage of them .For example in the wiki leak case where classified information was leaked by Bradley Manning known as whistle blower to the public. That information was accessible by terrorist organization and they could take advantage of them. So informing the public about this sensitive matter caused more damage to American government rather than good. stations
Sometimes by making aware of complete information to public may cause panic, chaos. When people are in panic they take terrible steps may even damage public property, they may violate rules. For example if someone place a hoax call and says there is going to be a bomb explosion today at the train station and if that news is out the people in the train station may run panic ,helter-skelter and damage public property. Instead the authorities are made aware of it and send a canine and bomb squad to detect the bomb which would palliate the situation. Certain situations are better handled by the authorities or the experts than making public aware of it.
At certain times public has to get complete information of the situation to stay alert. Few months back center for disease council declared that water park at Arkansas was contaminated with deadly bacteria which caused a brain disease called meningitis. This information had to be made public to the people which could alert people form going to that water park and nearby water parks.
The information relaying centers like newspaper agency, television channels, radio stations, etc. have to be aware that the information they are reporting should be useful to people and does not damage the welfare of government and the public.
So it is alright to withhold information by political leaders from public.
- Young people should be encouraged to pursue long-term, realistic goals rather than seek immediate fame and recognition. Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for 67
- In surveys Mason City residents rank water sports (swimming, boating, and fishing) among their favorite recreational activities. The Mason River flowing through the city is rarely used for these pursuits, however, and the city park department devotes litt 63
- The following appeared in a letter to the editor of a journal on environmental issues."Over the past year, the Crust Copper Company (CCC) has purchased over 10,000 square miles of land in the tropical nation of West Fredonia. Mining copper on this land wi 67
- A multi national corporation should require all of its employees to learn several languages in order to advance within the corporation Discuss whether you agree or disagree with the statement Use relevant reasons and examples to support your point of view 73
- The following appeared in a memo from the chairperson of the school board in the town of Utica.“For the past six years, Coach Mauro has been the football coach at Silver Lake High School, and during that time the football team from Silver Lake High has wo 90
Sentence: For example if someone place a hoax call and says there is going to be a bomb explosion today at the train station and if that news is out the people in the train station may run panic ,helter-skelter and damage public property.
Description: The fragment someone place a is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace place with verb, present tense, 3rd person singular
Don't put a space before punctuation marks.
Always put a space after punctuation marks. E-rater is sensitive.
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 4.0 out of 6
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 1 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 17 15
No. of Words: 372 350
No. of Characters: 1833 1500
No. of Different Words: 185 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.392 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.927 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.675 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 135 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 88 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 63 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 45 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 21.882 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 9.43 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.529 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.373 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.632 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.177 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 6 5