Twenty years ago, Dr. Field, a noted anthropologist, visited the island of Tertia. Using an observation-centered approach to studying Tertian culture, he concluded from his observations that children in Tertia were reared by an entire village rather than

Twenty years ago, Dr. Field, a noted anthropologist, visited the island of Tertia. Using an observation-centered approach to studying Tertian culture, he concluded from his observations that children in Tertia were reared by an entire village rather than by their own biological parents. Recently another anthropologist, Dr. Karp, visited the group of islands that includes Tertia and used the interview-centered method to study child-rearing practices. In the interviews that Dr. Karp conducted with children living in this group of islands, the children spent much more time talking about their biological parents than about other adults in the village. Dr. Karp decided that Dr. Field's conclusion about Tertian village culture must be invalid. Some anthropologists recommend that to obtain accurate information on Tertian child-rearing practices, future research on the subject should be conducted via the interview-centered method.

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation and the argument on which it is based are reasonable. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation

Child-rearing is different from culture to culture. As an anthropologist, Dr. Field conducted his research on child-rearing method on the island of Tertia using an observation-centered approach twenty years ago. Recently, Dr. Karp visited Tertia island and conducted his own research on child-rearing using the interview-centered approach; however, his findings are different than of Dr. Field. With the two differ methods used on the Tertian' culture, it has yield two different results. Now, some anthropologists are disputing Dr. Field's observation-centered approach and are in favor of using Dr....

Sentence: With the two differ methods used on the Tertian' culture, it has yield two different results.
Description: A numeral, cardinal is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to two and differ

No. of Words: 563 350 (for argument essays, you may have less words in real exam)

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/gmatgre