Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student s field of study Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim In developing and supporting your position be sure t

Universities should provide the knowledge required in order to start a career path. Universities should require students to take a variety of courses outside their major fields of study but with great consideration.

Firstly, taking electives helps the student broaden his scope of education which can later be pivotal to his success. A student majoring in civil engineering can also take a few classes in business management and architecture. This extra knowledge will surely help him stand out from other engineers who only took engineering class.

Secondly, students can pick up hobbies by choosing electives they find interesting. A biology student can take an elective in arts. This will help him to de-stress and recharge his energy. Universities can be tedious and each student should be able to take electives where they can just unwind and relax. Moreover, some students can be talented in something outside their major . For example, an English Literature student can be a passionate about music and plays a musical instrument. Therefore, he would be able to purse his passion by taking an elective in music while studying English Literature.

Some might argue that taking a variety of courses outside the major field of study will distract the student from learning properly. This is a specious argument because universities should allow few electives to be taken. It is not in the capacity that distorts the students from focusing in their majors.

In sum, students should be able to have a few subjects outside their major. Some might choose to take classes to enhance their chances in succeeding in their fields, others might want to purse a hobby while being able to study their major. A good education is about diversity in learning.