Essay topics: 1. In order to become well-rounded individuals, all college students should be required to take courses in which they read poetry, novels, mythology, and other types of imaginative literature.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.
The author of prompt has proposed that for having a multiskilled person, all students at the college level should possess courses related to fiction and literature. This is a claim with which I strongly do not concur. Among the countless reasons and facts which give adherence to my standpoint, I would discuss the most conspicuous ones in what follows.
The first striking fact which should be highlighted is the requirement of professionality in the current era. In modern life, most of the tasks get complicated and precisely detailed; this feature obliges the existence of professionality. In other words, if a person is eager to become successful in his career, he has to have chasm and deep understanding from a specific field, instead of broad and shallow cohesion from a wide range of topics. Based on this fact, a student at the university or college has to arrange his schedule according to his preferred field of specialty, it should cover the entire courses which would present a comprehensive understanding from the topic and well-prepared the student for the future working competition. In this scenario, by allocated a part of the program to courses irrelevant to the main major would be a mere waste of time and energy; which has no proliferate in the future.
Another noteworthy reason which supports my disagreement with this sentence is the consideration of literature as an only source of becoming well-rounded. A multi-aspect or well-rounded person is an individual who has a complete idea about various issues in his surrounding, and literature is not the only source for this purpose. Indeed, he should own equal comprehension about science, sociology, art, literature, and psychology. However, the prompt merely weighs the imaginary literature. For instance, if the student in the field of classic literature is asked to take an extra course about fiction, would this obligation be helpful? of course not, it is the repetition of a known topic which consumes extra time and money. Therefore, the required courses should be according to the student's main field of study to fulfill the missing part instead of repeating the same things. Furthermore, the literature is not only one aspect of the multiskilled person.
The last reason which also makes this statement shaky is the interest of students. It is obvious that not all people have the identical interest; meanwhile, a person is eager and talented in the field of math; another individual, on the other hand, has eagerness about the field of art. In addition, the effectiveness of task increases while the person has acute incline toward that specific topic. This fact is also verified by a noteworthy intelligence study conducted in my place, based on this study, the chance of success in a field boosts with approximate fifty-five percent when a person has eager toward to that field. Thus, if a student who does not have enthusiasm toward the literature, novel, or poem; does this obligation would be beneficial for him to become a well-developed person? In fact, the university should shed light over the talent and eagerness of students and provide sufficient rearing for them, until they have fully developed in that area. In this case, the student would have a more positive effect on society too.
To wrap it up, all the aforementioned reasons and facts explicitly depict that the idea of forcing the student for taking the lessons about the literature is a dead pointed task. Since nowadays the specialty is important of broad knowledge, the literature is not the sole source of becoming well-developed; besides, not all students are interested in this field.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|6 days 5 hours ago||Mohit Raghuvanshi||83||Read full essay|
|1 week 3 days ago||kobiniloy74||58||Read full essay|
|1 month 9 hours ago||shoeb_athar||66||Read full essay|
|1 month 14 hours ago||shoeb_athar||83||Read full essay|
|2 months 6 days ago||Rida Rajani||79||Read full essay|
|2 months 1 week ago||Lucybrian||58||Read full essay|
|3 months 2 days ago||GREdestroyer||66||Read full essay|
|3 months 3 weeks ago||qwerty123qwert123||66||Read full essay|
|4 months 2 weeks ago||AMARDEEP KOUR GEDHU||66||Read full essay|
|4 months 2 weeks ago||sahil555||62||Read full essay|
- 17.The following appeared in a memo from the director of a large group of hospitals."In a laboratory study of liquid antibacterial hand soaps, a concentrated solution of UltraClean produced a 40 percent greater reduction in the bacteria population th (58)
- The following appeared in a letter from a firm providing investment advice to a client."Homes in the northeastern United States, where winters are typically cold, have traditionally used oil as their major fuel for heating. Last year that region expe (54)
- 1.The main benefit of the study of history is to dispel the illusion that people living now are significantly different from people who lived in earlier times.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the stateme (50)
- The following appeared in a memo from the president of Bower Builders, a company that constructs new homes."A nationwide survey reveals that the two most-desired home features are a large family room and a large, well-appointed kitchen. A number of h (58)
- . Many important discoveries or creations are accidental: it is usually while seeking the answer to one question that we come across the answer to another.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement a (66)
- 14.The following appeared in a memo from the vice president of marketing at Dura-Sock, Inc."A recent study of our customers suggests that our company is wasting the money it spends on its patented Endure manufacturing process, which ensures that our (60)
- 1.In order for any work of art — for example, a film, a novel, a poem, or a song — to have merit, it must be understandable to most people.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain y (58)
- The following appeared in an editorial in a business magazine."Although the sales of Whirlwind video games have declined over the past two years, a recent survey of video-game players suggests that this sales trend is about to be reversed. The survey (44)
- 1.The effectiveness of a country's leaders is best measured by examining the well-being of that country's citizens.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for (66)
- Humans arrived in the Kaliko Islands about 7,000 years ago, and within 3,000 years most of the large mammal species that had lived in the forests of the Kaliko Islands had become. Yet humans cannot have been a factor in the species' extinctions, because t (43)