The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition.

Cooperation is the idea of working together as a group to achieve a common goal for the welfare of society as well as individual. It is a vital characteristic to be instilled in an individual especially in young children who are going to be the future forebearers/ leaders of the nation and the world.

Humans ( in general)(Homo Sapiens) are by birth competitive in nature. The ratrace which we are all involved in today's live clearly signifies that competitiveness is inherent in us. Everyone is working to move ahead of others or push down others whether in schools, industries or governing bodies. But for a society to thrive , cooperation is of utmost importance.

The history provides a clearcut evidence of the role of cooperation in the success of any oragnisation or individual. Lets take the example of the technology giant,Microsoft. The Microsoft CEO , Bill Gates had that worldchanging idea, but without the the cooperation of the people, that idea would not have taken shape of a big company. Thousands of engineers, technocrats contributed to make that idea successful. The same principle applies to any indivisual as well. An individual cannot be a successful leader unless he works together with the subordiantes, keeping in mind their problems, taking ideas from them and making a joint decision which is fruitful for both him and the company. Competitiveness gives fleeting success and the success goes away as soon as the revolting mass of people raise voice against the dominating leader.

Taking example of Adolf Hitler, the predominant example of competitive attitude in history, it is clear that lack of cooperative attitude was the main reason for the downfall of Adolf Hitler.Contrary to this, Abraham Lincoln, the first US President showed a great deal of cooperation with the political leaders which was a significant reason for his stable government.

Thus , citing the above examples, I would like to support the claim to a great extent that instilling a sense of cooperation among the young children is of utmost importance since they are going to be the building blocks of the society. A feeling of competitiveness is required to some extent because this is what leads to the arousal/ development new ideas in minds of great individuals, but to put those ideas into a solid form, to bring them into existence so as to be beneficial for the society , copperation among the individuals lays down the foundation.

Sentence: It is a vital characteristic to be instilled in an individual especially in young children who are going to be the future forebearers/ leaders of the nation and the world.
Error: forebearers Suggestion: forbears

Sentence: Humans in generalHomo Sapiens are by birth competitive in nature.
Error: generalHomo Suggestion: general

Sentence: The ratrace which we are all involved in today's live clearly signifies that competitiveness is inherent in us.
Error: ratrace Suggestion: retrace

Sentence: The history provides a clearcut evidence of the role of cooperation in the success of any oragnisation or individual.
Error: clearcut Suggestion: clearest
Error: oragnisation Suggestion: organization

Sentence: The Microsoft CEO , Bill Gates had that worldchanging idea, but without the the cooperation of the people, that idea would not have taken shape of a big company.
Error: worldchanging Suggestion: world changing

Sentence: The same principle applies to any indivisual as well.
Error: indivisual Suggestion: individual

Sentence: An individual cannot be a successful leader unless he works together with the subordiantes, keeping in mind their problems, taking ideas from them and making a joint decision which is fruitful for both him and the company.
Error: subordiantes Suggestion: subordinates

Sentence: A feeling of competitiveness is required to some extent because this is what leads to the arousal/ development new ideas in minds of great individuals, but to put those ideas into a solid form, to bring them into existence so as to be beneficial for the society , copperation among the individuals lays down the foundation.
Error: copperation Suggestion: cooperation

You may go this link for new GRE issue patterns:
http://testbig.com/question/gre-issue-essay-questions-new-gre-issue-ess…