Claim: Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's major field of study.Reason: Acquiring knowledge of various academic disciplines is the best way to become truly educated.

Claim: Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's major field of study.

Reason: Acquiring knowledge of various academic disciplines is the best way to become truly educated.

One who possess profound knowledge in a particular field is always more useful than one who has fair amount of knowledge in various fields. So, people only focus more and more over one major feild and try to excel in that. But the above statement holds true, only to some extent, according to me.

Firstly, all the fields that we know of today, have come into existence by sudivision from one of the three major fields- science, commerce and arts. Very few have been developed as a totally different stream apart from the three. So, the very well known scholars from the past, have always been entitled as physicist, mathematician, artist or philosopher. So whatever may be the major field a student may be pursuing, it will be just a part of something big or new innovation. Development and innovation from various streams and departments, work in coalesce to get the end product. For example, to make a robot, there are people from biomedical field, which is closely related to biology, mechanical field, and elctronics field. Hence, student should also hab\ve a foundation of other fields apart from their major field of study.

However, the scope to which the other fields shoyuld also be considered. Like, a person who is stdying enviornmental science, and is interested in works that help protect the enviornment form the day to day activites, should very well be aware of various factors. He/she may have to be well acquainted with the laws of industries as well as enviornment, the way factories operate, the different elements which may be harful for enviornment or not, etc. Such students should be encouraged to do other courses that help them develop. But a science student must not be compelled to do some course as arts. Because that may be not do him any good, and it will be just dilatory.

Also, if such actions are compelled on the students, they will just try to complete the other courses to pass and not learn anything, which destroys the main purpose of it. To make this efficacious, the students must be involved in other courses by their will and wholeheartedly. If one is compelled to do the other courses, that will seriously hamper the students final result, and even if he is very good in his field, will not be appreciated. These could lead to diminish their moral and confidence, and also make them bilious.

Conclusively, I believe that the universities must surely encourage students to take up various other courses outside their major field of study and not compel them to do so. If more and more students do follow it voluntarily, it will always make them better, because, students from different disciplines will be working together co-hesively for the betterment of the society, and hence exposure to every field will make it easy and beneficial for them.

Sentence: So, people only focus more and more over one major feild and try to excel in that.
Error: feild Suggestion: field

Sentence: Firstly, all the fields that we know of today, have come into existence by sudivision from one of the three major fields- science, commerce and arts.
Error: sudivision Suggestion: subdivision

Sentence: For example, to make a robot, there are people from biomedical field, which is closely related to biology, mechanical field, and elctronics field.
Error: elctronics Suggestion: electronics

Sentence: Like, a person who is stdying enviornmental science, and is interested in works that help protect the enviornment form the day to day activites, should very well be aware of various factors.
Error: activites Suggestion: activities
Error: enviornment Suggestion: environment
Error: enviornmental Suggestion: environmental
Error: stdying Suggestion: staying

Sentence: He/she may have to be well acquainted with the laws of industries as well as enviornment, the way factories operate, the different elements which may be harful for enviornment or not, etc. Such students should be encouraged to do other courses that help them develop.
Error: harful Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: If more and more students do follow it voluntarily, it will always make them better, because, students from different disciplines will be working together co-hesively for the betterment of the society, and hence exposure to every field will make it easy and beneficial for them.
Error: co-hesively Suggestion: cohesively