College students should be encouraged to pursue subjects that interest them rather than the courses that seem most likely to lead to jobs.

College needs to encourage students to follow their interest or rather follow required courses to get a job after graduating remained the controversial topic. I myself believe that educational institutes and colleges are main key partners to support students meet the labor force standard and reach the financial security. It could bring benefits not only for students in personal scales but also in social scales.

Firstly, considering to the personal scale, learning in mandatory course in college is a steppingstone to prepare skill-sets for their students adapting into labor force situation after graduating. By focusing on required courses, which are regulated by the job market, students can gain qualifications that bring them more opportunities to get a well-paid job and reach financial security for their own living. And if they need to build up their own family and having children, a secured job can avoid them from a burdensome life of an unemployed person.

Secondly, in socially scale, college and educational institutes are main stakeholders to ensure their students retain standard knowledge and expertise to serve for the national development in every fields, including cultural, social, economic, science... Therefore, the key tasks of a college are proposing curriculum that best fit with the labor force requirement. By doing so, the college can improve the competitiveness in the such field that can lead to the higher quality of student performance as well the opportunities to get high salaries after graduating. As a result, it can improve the ranking and reputation of the educational institutions.

Some may argues that, only college with student-centred education system and encourage their student to follow the passion can be considered as a high quality of education. However, the student interests are not a fixed index that could be easily affected by numerous factors from living pressure. For example, some students are passionate for becoming a poet that bring them free spirit to explore the meaning of life. But after graduation, they have to confront with the real life that without money they can not pay bills and buy foods that give energy and inspiration to creating poem. Then in this case, they can't bring benefit for their own life, not mentioned to their family and society.

In conclusion, I am more convinced that students should be encourage to learn mandatory courses that bring them opportunities to get a good job.

students should be encourage to learn
students should be encouraged to learn