Company management should conduct routine monitoring of all employee e-mail correspondence. Such monitoring will reduce the waste of resources such as time and system capacity, as well as protect the company from lawsuits.Write a response in which you di

Company management should conduct routine monitoring of all employee e-mail correspondence. Such monitoring will reduce the waste of resources such as time and system capacity, as well as protect the company from lawsuits.

Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider the possible consequences of implementing the policy and explain how these consequences shape your position.

The statement contends that in order to protect from lawsuits, and reducing the waste of resources such as time and capacity, company management should conduct routine monitoring of all employee e-mail. I am agreeing with the author's suggestions to examine employee's email.

Any organization requires the optimum use of its resources. These resources could be anything i.e. time, system capacity, labor force etc. Therefore, in order to perform well and utilize its resources, the company requires the regular monitoring of the resources. There are plenty of ways to monitor these resources. One of them is to monitoring of all employees' e-mail. Since by keeping the track of the employees' e-mail organization easily come to know the efficacy of its employees.

In the era of internet, most of the communications are done through the medium of e-mail. Nowadays, these are hardly a company who runs their business without the internet. Almost all the employee of company has their company email. The company interacts with its customers by various mediums i.e. telephone, e-mail, mail etc. And e-mail is the best source for communication since it's easily access by anyone at any place. Almost for any company, e-mail is regarded as official medium for communication. Companies like Amazon, Paypal, Google, Dell etc. have e-mail support system as an interaction medium with their product buyers. Like the call center, where customer's queries are solved by a person who is live on the other side. Same, like in order to perform better, a call center records the conversation of their employees and the customers. Later, they may check these conversations and take necessity steps in order to improve. In similar manner, the company should check the monitoring of all employee of e-mail so by examining the conversations of the employee and the customer, the company can take proper decisions, and by doing this ultimately they can utilize their resources economically and more efficiently.

However, one may easily argue that such type of monitoring actually impinge the employee's right. By doing so the company is, actually, 'interrogating' the efficiency and private matters of employee, even though e-mail is associated with the company itself. But, the company doesn't check employee's personal e-mail, and the company examines just the company e-mail, and in this email all the communication is ideally suited for the company's official matter.

In sum, the company should conduct the routine monitoring of e-mail of all of its employees because it helps in resource management. But, at the same time the company should not interfere the employees' e-mail in that extent that it will be like interrogation for employees.

No. of Words: 435 while No. of Different Words: 202