The drawbacks to the use of nuclear power mean that it is not long term solution to the problem of meeting ever increasing energy needs.

Advocates of nuclear energy as the power source for future have long touted its relative economy, “clean burning and practically unlimited fuel supply". However, a close examination of the issue uncovers that nuclear energy proves more risky and dangerous than other forms of energy and thus is not an answerable solution to the problem of meeting continually expanding energy needs.

First and foremost, nuclear power involves problem of nuclear waste storage. Fuel by-products from nuclear fission remains toxic for thousands of years and the spills and leaks from storage site have been perilous and costly to clean up. This remains true under the stringent regulations and best circumstances. Even more appalling is the looming treats of accidents and mishaps at the reactors themselves. Incidents at the Three Mile Island have warned us that the consequences of a nuclear meltdown can be catastrophic and felt worldwide.

But beyond the enormous long term environmental problems and short term health risks, the bottom line issue for the production of energy is economics. Power production in our society is business like any other, and the companies which produce this countries electricity and gas, claims they are unable to make alternatives such as solar power affordable. Yet largely due to incentives from federal government there already exists homes heated by solar power and cars fuelled by the sun.

Besides the benefits in terms of both cost and safety, renewable energy resources such as solar power, biomass, hydroelectric power represent far better options for long haul development. These choices oblige cash just for the materials expected to reap in renewable assets. While sunlight and water are free. These options also provide secondary benefits such as recreational and irrigational services.

While it may now be clear that drawbacks to use nuclear power are too great, it should be apparent that long term benefits of renewable resources would rewards investment. If these alternatives are explored more seriously than they would have in the past, safer and less expensive sources of power will undoubtedly live up to their promise. With restricted resources available to us and an expanding worldwide populace to consider, further interest in atomic influence would check an unconscionable and pointless exercise in futility and cash.

Sentence: Power production in our society is business like any other, and the companies which produce this countries electricity and gas, claims they are unable to make alternatives such as solar power affordable.
Description: A determiner/pronoun, singular is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to this and countries

Sentence: While it may now be clear that drawbacks to use nuclear power are too great, it should be apparent that long term benefits of renewable resources would rewards investment.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to would and rewards

Sentence: Yet largely due to incentives from federal government there already exists homes heated by solar power and cars fuelled by the sun.
Error: fuelled Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: These options also provide secondary benefits such as recreational and irrigational services.
Error: irrigational Suggestion: No alternate word