Government officials should rely on their own judgment rather than unquestioningly carry out the will of the people they serve.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position
In modern society two opposing viewpoint on government exist. From the first prospect, government should unquestionably follow the will of the voters; the second point of view asserts that elected officials should use their own judgment to rule a state. As far as I am concerned, officials who were chosen by citizens of the state are professional who have education, expertise and knowledge which allow them to fulfill their work the best way possible, should mainly base their decision on their own opinion. However, sometimes in the gravest issues the government should listen to people's will.
Government officials are professionals who have enough expertise to competently do their job. In many cases, to draw a decision a person needs to have a proper education. For example, to create a decent budget and allocate the budget's money requires from an elected officials to have knowledge about the macro and micro economics as well as understanding of processes which take place in the country. if an average person made a decision about the budget, perhaps it would be partial and hurt interests of some groups. The history of mankind has some examples when people without adequate education made such decision. When the Soviet Union was formed in 1917 the revolutionary government took some populistic decisions which led to famine and poverty of the country's citizens.
Furthermore, the government was created in a way which allows it to rule the country with the respect to the future. Governemnt officials are able to do actions and make decision which will be painful for the contemporaties but useful and beneficial for progeny. For instance, in case, the state needs to acquire additional finance, they may increase tax rate. In fact, it is hard to imagine that people of the country deliberately decide to increase the taxes.
However, in some cases, when the issue is grave and connected with the future of the state and the people, the government's decision about the question must be based on opinion of the citizens of the state. In other words, a referendum should be conducted. A recent history gives some examples of such actions, for instance, Scotland voted to stay with the UK, this question was too serious to allow a small group of government members to take responsibility and make a desicion. The demonstration of people's will in such situations are only option to guarantee the rightness of the decision.
In conclusion, government consists of elected professionals who have enough expertise and knowledge to make their work the best way possible, however, sometimes when the question is connected with the future of the state and its citizens a referendum should be conducted to assure that the decision is made with the respect on people’s will.
- 03/10/2017Your photograph has won a first prize in the photography competition. This will be displayed in an exhibition. Write a letter inviting your friend to the exhibition and include-what the photograph about-where did you take it-what prize you have 96
- The following appeared in an e-mail sent by the marketing director of the Classical Shakespeare Theatre of Bardville."Over the past ten years, there has been a 20 percent decline in the size of the average audience at Classical Shakespeare Theatre product60
- 01/11/2017Write a letter to an airline manager to find out about something you forgot on the plane during your travel. In your letter– give details about your flight– describe the item you forgot– explain why it is important that you get it back70
- 29.10.2017Some people think that spending a lot on birthday celebrations and wedding is a waste of money.But others think that it is important to young people and the society.Discuss both views and give your opinion.68
- The following is a letter to the head of the tourism bureau on the island of Tria."Erosion of beach sand along the shores of Tria Island is a serious threat to our island and our tourist industry. In order to stop the erosion, we should charge people for 60
situations are only option to guarantee the rightness of the decision.
situations are the only options to guarantee the rightness of the decision.
Sentence: When the Soviet Union was formed in 1917 the revolutionary government took some populistic decisions which led to famine and poverty of the country's citizens.
Error: populistic Suggestion: ?
Sentence: Governemnt officials are able to do actions and make decision which will be painful for the contemporaties but useful and beneficial for progeny.
Error: contemporaties Suggestion: contemporaries
Sentence: A recent history gives some examples of such actions, for instance, Scotland voted to stay with the UK, this question was too serious to allow a small group of government members to take responsibility and make a desicion.
Error: desicion Suggestion: decision
No. of Words: 457 while No. of Different Words: 211
The introduction and conclusion are duplicated.
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 3.5 out of 6
Category: Satisfactory Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 1 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 3 2
No. of Sentences: 18 15
No. of Words: 457 350
No. of Characters: 2276 1500
No. of Different Words: 211 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.624 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.98 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.757 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 169 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 130 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 94 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 58 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 25.389 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 14.829 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.667 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.322 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.529 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.074 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 5