GRE ISSUE When old buildings stand on ground that modern planners feel could be better used for modern purposes modern development should be given precedence over the preservation of historic buildings

GRE ISSUE:
When old buildings stand on ground that modern planners feel could be better used for modern purposes, modern development should be given precedence over the preservation of historic buildings.

Old buildings which have historic and memorable meaning should be removed for modern applications. Modern development is more important than preservation of old things. A discussion of preservation and modern applications is essential since it relates to effective use and relocation of the resource, land and construction. To some extent, I agree with that modern desire surpass the old things because of practical use of resources. However, memory, the past and art have their values to be preserved.

First of all, the existence of the old buildings which only remain historic meaning would sever pragmatic applications. For instance, some ancient and old-fashioned temples are protected and standing in an expensive area. If these buildings can be removed, these lands could adopt as houses for copious people who in poverty. In contrast, the conservation of the past takes place of living needs of current human beings. Therefore, I support that the resource should server for human needs, which means modern objectives could be more crucial than historical meanings.

Nevertheless, the memory of the past could be priceless in most people's minds. Once those old buildings are torn apart, their cherished memory vanishes, too. To illustrate, there are some conserved historic sites would remind people their good old days. A historic site that they always went when they gathered and played with siblings, families, and friends in the past. After they seldom or even cannot gather together, the historic site holds their past for them. The past, the memory, is hard to be assessed by material things.

Archaic buildings also serve a function of art. With time passing, those contemporary master constructions would be conserved and then offer descendants education and appreciation of art. With the real vision as well as stand inside, the atmosphere of grand and glory of their time could be truly apprehended by offspring. On the contrary, the knowledge conveyed by books and other methods would never provide the same feeling as personal experience. Antiquated buildings have their value of art and cannot be replaced.

Although the modern desires play a critical role in modern people's life, the priceless of past and art also take a large proportion. The land relocation should be strike balance between both two sides to not only consider the human being's physical needs but also their mental desires.

copious people who in poverty.
copious people who are in poverty.

The land relocation should be strike balance
The land relocation should strike balance

both two sides to not only consider the human being's physical needs but also their mental desires.
both two sides to consider not only the human being's physical needs but also their mental desires.